trouble playing games
I have the latest pcsx2 with all the plugins and everything but:

1: some games I can't pass the loading screen (THUG 2)
2. The frame rate is absolute crap (MOH, nab street)
3 When actual game graphics occur, it craps out (lotr two towers)

Does anyone know how to fix this? I actually own those games and I'm making toast files. Is that the problem?

Sponsored links

i have the same problem.any help?
Unfortunately, the PCSX2 for mac has a rather low compatibility list.

I have learned a good way to see if a game is compatible. On the main PCSX2.net site compatibility list http://pcsx2.net/compat.php?c=key you can see which games are compatible with PCSX2 0.9.6 by looking up your game and looking at the version (the PC version is 0.9.8 while the mac version is still at 0.9.6).

For instance, I have KH2 and on the compatibility list it states that KH2 is fully playable with 0.9.6.

One of your games, thug 2, is only at the "intro" stage on 0.9.6 and therefore won't get past the intro on PCSX2 for mac.

Hope that helps
13" MacBook Pro (March 2011)
Display: 1280x800
CPU: Intel Core i5 2.3 GHz w/ 2.9 GHz Turbo Boost
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3
(08-14-2011, 04:41 AM)flurgle Wrote: Unfortunately, the PCSX2 for mac has a rather low compatibility list.

I have learned a good way to see if a game is compatible. On the main PCSX2.net site compatibility list http://pcsx2.net/compat.php?c=key you can see which games are compatible with PCSX2 0.9.6 by looking up your game and looking at the version (the PC version is 0.9.8 while the mac version is still at 0.9.6).

For instance, I have KH2 and on the compatibility list it states that KH2 is fully playable with 0.9.6.

One of your games, thug 2, is only at the "intro" stage on 0.9.6 and therefore won't get past the intro on PCSX2 for mac.

Hope that helps

So Mellow........ how can i see witch color is the game i want to play BEFORE i load the disk. Is there a topic on this forum that people post there the games that they have tried and the color?

(08-15-2011, 05:57 AM)WrathInsideMe Wrote: So Mellow........ how can i see witch color is the game i want to play BEFORE i load the disk. Is there a topic on this forum that people post there the games that they have tried and the color?

o sorry, there is Blush
LOL Tongue
at the top of that page you have # A B C etc. and a search... that's a sorted list of games >.>
(08-15-2011, 06:00 AM)miseru99 Wrote: LOL Tongue
at the top of that page you have # A B C etc. and a search... that's a sorted list of games >.>

yea, saw that later Blush
And just so you know the pc version uses a different graphics plugin so some of the ones on that list might not be accurate for mac. I haven't had any trouble with it, however.
Thanks so much for your help, 2 more questions:

1. are there any news on a mac update?
2.When I boot to the main PS2 menu I hear a delay in sound ( I also heard it in the cutscene of LOTR) will this always happen, and if so how can I fix it?
Unfortunately, no one can be given a time frame for the new release, although we are all waiting in anticipation until it comes out! There is only one person working on this port, and zedr0n is a pretty busy guy.

As for the sound delay, I also had this problem but updating to lion fixed it for me. I have all of my sound config boxes unchecked as well (even the recommended ones). Now I have a sound delay when I first start PCSX2, but after 30 seconds or so the sound delay diminishes to next to nothing.