trouble updating pcsx2 on updates
HI, Im having trouble updating PCSX2 everytime itry to update it it says Failed to rename F:/Emulators/Pcsx2\UPDATE_STAGING\pcsx2-qt.exe to F:/Emulators/Pcsx2\pcsx2-qt.exe then i hit ok then it says Failed to commit update.Your Installation may be corrupted,please re-download a fresh version from GitHub. then i hit ok then it goes away.
Would anybody know whats going on, because i dont wanna have to goto the site everytime to get a new version i would like it to auto update also im using the latest daily version. any help would be appreciated thanks in  advance

Sponsored links

(01-09-2024, 02:51 AM)NateMan74 Wrote: HI, Im having trouble updating PCSX2 everytime itry to update it it says Failed to rename F:/Emulators/Pcsx2\UPDATE_STAGING\pcsx2-qt.exe to F:/Emulators/Pcsx2\pcsx2-qt.exe then i hit ok then it says Failed to commit update.Your Installation may be corrupted,please re-download a fresh version from GitHub. then i hit ok then it goes away.
Would anybody know whats going on, because i dont wanna have to goto the site everytime to get a new version i would like it to auto update also im using the latest daily version. any help would be appreciated thanks in  advance

anybody know whats going on?
Are you using an antivirus?
Apparently some AV like Norton didn't like how the PCSX2 performs it's update.
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
(01-10-2024, 02:51 AM)BloodRaynare Wrote: Are you using an antivirus?
Apparently some AV like Norton didn't like how the PCSX2 performs it's update.

hi, im using Mcafee virus program would that affect  it? and do you know what the error means?
(01-10-2024, 10:04 PM)NateMan74 Wrote: hi, im using Mcafee virus program would that affect  it? and do you know what the error means?

basically, something went wrong, and you will need to redownload a fresh install.
Make sure you add an exception to your Mc Afee
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-10-2024, 10:14 PM)jesalvein Wrote: basically, something went wrong, and you will need to redownload a fresh install.
Make sure you add an exception to your Mc Afee

but why is  it trying to rename the exe to the same exe i dont understand whats going on and what is update staging have to do with it?
update_staginf is a temp folder the updater creates.
dont bother and follow above instructions
how will adding a aception to mcafee not give that eror? i think something is wrong with the updater im currently using latest nightly what are you using?
(01-10-2024, 11:31 PM)NateMan74 Wrote: how will adding a aception to mcafee not give that eror? i think something is wrong with the updater im currently using latest nightly what are you using?

latest nightly too

Yeah, don't know how it could help.
goode luck anyways
i think their is some thing wrong with the updater is not updating pcsx2 correctly its trying to rename pcsx2.exe to pcsx2.exe to the samething in update_staging folder and i can never update the emulator i always have to manualy download it can somebody help me find a fix for this? cause its getting really annoying