uhmm am new to emulators.. got a question
first sorry if my english is bad, but i was wondering if i could play pcsx2 on my computer with my specs:

intel core 2 duo 2.93ghz
1gb ram
and a graphics card: intel gmax3100

well im not really a techy person and dont know really much about
computers so just wondering b4 i download pcxs2 or im just gonna waste time downlading it. hehehe? ( well practically bored with my ps1 emulator)

Sponsored links

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Wi...y-computer
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-21-2013, 08:23 PM)shiranai Wrote: first sorry if my english is bad, but i was wondering if i could play pcsx2 on my computer with my specs:

intel core 2 duo 2.93ghz
1gb ram

computers so just wondering b4 i download pcxs2 or im just gonna waste time downlading it. hehehe? ( well practically bored with my ps1 emulator)

With that GPU I doubt you'll get playable speeds.

I reccomend getting a new graphics card or stick to playing games on your ps2
System Specs
CPU:AMD FX 8350 3.5ghz turbo to 4ghz
GPU: Sapphire HD 7750 GDDR5
MOBO:Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Rev 5.0
RAM: 8GB
oh okie, hehe not really good at stuff about specs... tnx anyways....
With any recent graphics card you would be able to play 'some' games, but not many, full speed.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(07-21-2013, 08:23 PM)shiranai Wrote: first sorry if my english is bad, but i was wondering if i could play pcsx2 on my computer with my specs:

intel core 2 duo 2.93ghz
1gb ram

i see loads of people asking the same question

so my advice is, just try it, you've nothing to loose Smile

remember you will need to dump your bios from your ps2 link here or here

DO NOT ask where to get the bios in the PCSX2 forum, because it's against the rules

this emulator is what prompted me to upgrade my pc to what i have now, as my previous pc could only achieve 4 or 5 frames a second Blush

this link is my new cpu vs my older version
http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-92...on-XP-3000 (that site doesn't include the motherboard ,graphics card or memory)

xp is ok ,but just doesn't have the features that win 7 has, so you might want to upgrade to win 7 or 8 in the future

is it worth downloading?

hell yes ,
i've enjoyed playing my games again on my pc with savestates(my ps2 is in need of repair but still works)

anyways as said just try it Biggrin
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)
(07-22-2013, 02:21 AM)dr emulator (madmax) Wrote: i see loads of people asking the same question

so my advice is, just try it, you've nothing to loose Smile

remember you will need to dump your bios from your ps2 link here or here

DO NOT ask where to get the bios in the PCSX2 forum, because it's against the rules

this emulator is what prompted me to upgrade my pc to what i have now, as my previous pc could only achieve 4 or 5 frames a second Blush

this link is my new cpu vs my older version
http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-92...on-XP-3000 (that site doesn't include the motherboard ,graphics card or memory)

xp is ok ,but just doesn't have the features that win 7 has, so you might want to upgrade to win 7 or 8 in the future

is it worth downloading?

hell yes ,
i've enjoyed playing my games again on my pc with savestates(my ps2 is in need of repair but still works)

anyways as said just try it Biggrin

well ive research about my video card and some ppl says 1st its a integreated gpu and 2nd u can play some games but on low settings....
im not really good at things inside my computer hehehe.....
(07-22-2013, 05:47 AM)shiranai Wrote: well ive research about my video card and some ppl says 1st its a integreated gpu and 2nd u can play some games but on low settings....
im not really good at things inside my computer hehehe.....

To call it an integrated graphics is nearly an insult to integrated graphics... The thing is hardly DX9 compliant (even though it claims DX10 compatibility, it would certainly give you all sorts of broken graphics if you tried). If you had a faster quad core, you might even be better off using software mode in most games.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(07-22-2013, 05:50 AM)Koji Wrote: To call it an integrated graphics is nearly an insult to integrated graphics... The thing is hardly DX9 compliant (even though it claims DX10 compatibility, it would certainly give you all sorts of broken graphics if you tried). If you had a faster quad core, you might even be better off using software mode in most games.

well it did i tried playing cod 4 and L4d 2 and it gave me bad graphics,
and thnking i was dumb because my friend warn me it needed a good gpu, maybe ill try dl pcxs2 and see how it goes, ive watch a lot tutorials on how will i adjust it with my comp specs, but not really impressed, i guess totally needed an upgrade hehehe...