unable to play, please help?
now I'm not new to emulators, just this one, and I have a few different questions that are in areas I have no clue about.

firstly, I've beenn trying to play dark cloud 2 and I can get the emulator working but it just says "please insert a playstation or PS2 format disc" which I'm sure is just the iso I'm using which is several versions of the same thing kinda.

I'm using imgburn to create the files myself from 3 separate files all of which I've tried iso's of them individually and all together. the files are as follows.

Dark Cloud 2.I00
Dark Cloud 2.I01
Dark cloud 2.MDS

now I have no clue on the proper way to create an iso so that I can play i ton my computer so if someone can tell me on how that works with imgburn and can post a tutorial here ASAP thank you before hand.

Or another possible thing that would be helpful would be a working torrent/rapidshare/etc. that I can download to save me the trouble of that.

Now on my next issue, I have no idea on how to control anything on this emulator, is it possible to use an xbox360 controller in some way shape or form or will I be able to use a keyboard for gameplay or is there something else I need that is separate from the emulator itself. if it's already in there or is in some readme then I'm pretty stupid or blind for not seeing one.

the computer I'm using is running windows 7 and I know probably has nothing to do with my computer's hardware that would cause a problem.

Sponsored links

(05-29-2011, 04:08 AM)piopop Wrote: I'm using imgburn to create the files myself from 3 separate files

Why do you even have 3 separate files to begin with?

To make a correct ISO simply put the Original Disc in your optical drive, then start ImgBurn and select the "Create image file from disc" option, then select the drive you put your disc into and change the destination if you want to save your ISO file somewhere else, otherwise just start making the iso.
When ImgBurn is done making the ISO start PCSX2 and with "CDVD > Iso Selector > Browse..." select that big .iso file and boot the emulator.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I have 3 separate files because I have gotten them from a torrent, I don't have the Dark Cloud disk, the only time i got to play it was way back in 2003 when we rented it from a blockbuster.

though the biggest of the files is the Dark Cloud 2.I00 which is 4 gigs and possibly the game itself, I really can't tell on what to do with this though and I'm just kinda lost, there was another thread on this somewhere, but it didn't really get any helpful answers on what todo.
(05-29-2011, 04:55 AM)piopop Wrote: I have 3 separate files because I have gotten them from a torrent, I don't have the Dark Cloud disk, the only time i got to play it was way back in 2003 when we rented it from a blockbuster.

though the biggest of the files is the Dark Cloud 2.I00 which is 4 gigs and possibly the game itself, I really can't tell on what to do with this though and I'm just kinda lost, there was another thread on this somewhere, but it didn't really get any helpful answers on what todo.

I dont mean to be a killjoy but torrent roms are illegal, bub. Otherwise I would be more than happy to suggest some helpful tips....

[Image: FaithFactor_thumb-1.jpg]
"We call upon the flame! And glorify His name!"
-Norm "Ski" Kiersnowski
(05-29-2011, 05:05 AM)texasjgc Wrote: I dont mean to be a killjoy but torrent roms are illegal, bub. Otherwise I would be more than happy to suggest some helpful tips....
yeah, I know they are, though I'm only torrenting them because ebay is overpricing them at like $100 and I don't think I could find them anywhere around here since the game dates back to 2003.
To build on what texasjgc wrote, any discussion on warez/torrenting/illegal activity is banned, so you're more than likely not going to get any support.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
(05-29-2011, 05:27 AM)MyDreamName Wrote: To build on what texasjgc wrote, any discussion on warez/torrenting/illegal activity is banned, so you're more than likely not going to get any support.

well then, that tidbit of information is a little important, so I guess I'm on my own with all of this and trying to find a way for it all to work, or I can simply buy the game if i can find it then turning it into an iso the way Shadow Lady said to do it? That's all I can see as my two options really.
Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64