update direct x even though i'm already running directx 11?
I keep getting the message to update directX even though I already have directX 11 and I am running windows 7 pro. Could it be something in the configuration? I am also getting the message that the GS plugin fails to load. What can I do here? Microsoft won't let me downgrade from directx for some reason and I don't think downgrading will even solve the problem.

Windows 7 Professional

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer Sony Corporation
Model VGN-FZ470E
Total amount of system memory 2.00 GB RAM
System type 32-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 2
64-bit capable Yes

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 374 GB
Disk partition (CSmile 180 GB Free (374 GB Total)
Media drive (ESmile CD/DVD/BD

Graphics

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT
Total available graphics memory 1023 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 256 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 767 MB
Display adapter driver version 7.15.11.128
Primary monitor resolution 1280x800
DirectX version DirectX 10

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

If it tells you to update do so. Do you think they release a new directx once every couple of years and then does nothing to it.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
(04-01-2010, 01:00 AM)blueboy499 Wrote: I keep getting the message to update directX even though I already have directX 11 and I am running windows 7 pro. Could it be something in the configuration? I am also getting the message that the GS plugin fails to load. What can I do here? Microsoft won't let me downgrade from directx for some reason and I don't think downgrading will even solve the problem.

If you have DirectX 11 because you run Windows 7, installing a new DirectX 9.0c Runtime DOES NOT MEAN you downgrade it.
The DirectX 9.0c Runtime also contains updates for DirectX 10 and 11.
Intel C2D E6550 2.33GHz ([email protected])
Corsair CM2X1024 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 DRAM
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
DirectX 9, 10 and 11 keep getting updates every few months. Windows7 comes with DirectX11 files from like... june... there's been 2 updates since then so just update.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
If I'm correct run this, and install all the updates that are required:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en
i7 @ 3.2Ghz /w Noctua
6GB Dominator 1600Mhz
5770 Vapor-X
1.5 TB Raid 5 /w 3ware 9650SE

(04-01-2010, 01:19 AM)GamerGeek Wrote: If it tells you to update do so. Do you think they release a new directx once every couple of years and then does nothing to it.

read my original post carefully. I already said that Microsoft won't let me download any version of direct x and I cannot connect to microsoft servers for some reason to install any different versions of direct x. The download page opens and then shifts to "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." I have already tried downloading from different internet connections.
Download the redist package from a site other than microsoft.
It should be around 100MB.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
(04-01-2010, 03:52 AM)mantasuk Wrote: If I'm correct run this, and install all the updates that are required:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...laylang=en

read my original post carefully. if its on microsoft's website then I cannot connect to it for some reason.
Then 1)Stop using pirated stuff that block the MS site
2)Use google to find the same files in dozens other sites
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-01-2010, 05:46 AM)blueboy499 Wrote: read my original post carefully. if its on microsoft's website then I cannot connect to it for some reason.

If you don't use pirated Windows and/or didn't install any kinds of firewall, try scanning your system for malwares; might be something messing up your HOSTS file.
Intel C2D E6550 2.33GHz ([email protected])
Corsair CM2X1024 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 DRAM
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.