upgrading GPU
That said my gtx 570 card has 1.3gb on it, skyrim is running with loads of AA and hd texture mods and distance detail mods in 1680x1050 and my framerate never goes below 60ish
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

I think Skyrim is bad example for vram abuse. Maybe it's just me, but on my 1gb gpu it was always filling it all doesn't matter if I had HD pack or not without getting any lags from it. Out of curiosity I tried low res texture pack and it was still hugging 1gb like it was nothing;p. Seems the game engine just works that way.
It's true I should have gotten the 2gb version but I will have to do sli later. As for the games itself I have used a gt 210 512mb for a long time and I have been able to run skyrim, black ops, borderlands 2 and even Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning. with little to no lag. So for about another year or more I think I can manage with my 1gb. I just had a freak out since I thought I had made a huge mistake which was going to cost me dearly. Somehow it will all work out.
Im suprised all them games ran fine on a 210!

they were running on the lowest graphics with the lowest res like 640 and 800x 480 or something like that
That explains it Smile

Ok I need someone to explain something to me now that I have tried out my new GPU on a few things.

My specs

CPU: intel Pentium dual core e5400 2.7
Ram: 2gb ddr2 800mhz
GPU: 650 ti boost 1g
res: 1366 x 768

I tried out assassin's creed 3 and I was able to max everything. I tried borderlands 2 and I was able to max everything but phyisX had to be on low but everything else MAX. I tried Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning and I was able to max everything and there was no lag on any game. I also tried it on pcsx2 and I was able to go upto about 5x native on kingdom hearts 2 FM with a few slow downs at some parts but other then that 60 fps. Also with pcsx2 I some how cant go any faster if I lower the res its like its fixed at what it is at now but thats another question that can be answered another time.

so my question is how can I run these games at such high settings if the only thing that meets the requirements is my gpu and everything else fails to meet it.
because pc games tend to rely mostly on GPU than CPU
it's the exact opposite when it comes to pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
because pc games are generally gpu heavy. In terms of KH2FM, that's not an overly demanding game but you are likely to be cpu limited rather than gpu limited.

So even if say assassin's creed 3 says you need a quad cpu and 4 gbs of ram and a powerful gpu you can use a powerful enough gpu to make the other requirements not so required.