upgrading GPU
I currently have a 210 gt 512mb and I just bought a gtx 650 ti boost 1gb. I feel I should have gotten the 2gb addition for 10 dollars more but its to late for that.

The question is does 1gb less make that much of a difference in general for normal games and for this emulator? Also I haven't tried the GPU yet as it wont arrive for another atleast 4 days maybe less.

Sponsored links

unless you use a stupidly high res and anti-aliasing, you won't need the 2gb yet Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

ok but in the future I can use extra computer ram as vram and I can use sli with a 2gb 650 ti boost card with my 1gb card right that would fix the problem if I ever lack the gb's
standard memory is a LOT slower than GPU memory, so i wouldn't go down that route, SLi would probably be better.

ok Thank you for your advice
(10-06-2013, 09:40 PM)JohanG Wrote: ok but in the future I can use extra computer ram as vram and I can use sli with a 2gb 650 ti boost card with my 1gb card right that would fix the problem if I ever lack the gb's

I believe if you SLI a 2GB with a 1 GB card, you're essentially putting the 2GB card into 1GB "mode".

SLI and crossfire work by storing the same data in ram and each card rendering every other frame (or half of each frame depending on implementation). The only benefit would be if you used the 2GB card as your primary card for when SLI can't or won't work with a specific game.
[Image: 2748844.png]
That would work, Thanks this makes me feel so much better for making such a mistake. One more question, if you use a dvi to vga to connect to a vga monitor do you still get the same improvements as if you use dvi only. I myself believe it wont but I had to ask.
well VGA is analogue and DVI is digital, so VGA is never going to be as good as DVI, also its more susceptible to interference.

(10-06-2013, 09:25 PM)refraction Wrote: unless you use a stupidly high res and anti-aliasing, you won't need the 2gb yet Smile

Some games require a lot of memory by themselves (one of them is Skyrim) and modded can take up to 1-1.5GB of VRAM, so I think the 2GB+ time is coming near
Yeah, but lets assume he is using PCSX2, not Skyrim or any other PC game.
Specs: Intel Pentium P5 @ 60 Mhz, 1 Gigabyte HDD, OS: DOS