Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
valkyrie profile 2 and SMT games best configuration?
i am trying to play valkyrie profile 2 and SMT games like nocturne and persona 3 and 4 and i am having graphical problems, i would like to know what are the best configs for them

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
these are the only non default configs i'm using

i have a GeForce GTX 650
my CPU is Intel® Core™ i3-4130 CPU @ 3.40GHz
i have a memory ram of 8 and i'm using windows 8

also i'm using iso from the DVDs i own
normally, the default config is the best.
what graphical glitches do you get ?
#5 this thing, also the other SMT games are running okish but could run better
oh, this.
IIRC, you need to use software mode.
There's no other way
There was a special plugin somwhere for Valkyrie Profile that removes that ugly thing. try googling GSdx-SSE4-ValkyrieBuild or other sse according to ur pc

i remember somewhere finding code changes to build ur own plugin but frell me i cant remember where.
Quick search resulted in THIS

Person there posted some plugin u can try it.It even has GSTextureCache.cpp in it. Shame its not .diff

What this means is that u use what ever pcsx2 u wish and change plugin to this one for VP2. Thats it.
I remember playing back then with it. Finished game from beginning to end , no issues.

what problem u have with persona 3-4? they work without issues for me
OpenGL renderer is able to emulate properly the forest issue. You might need to crank up accurate blending (and set CRC to full for the speed).
What da ya know.. i found my few years old svn data and in it i found patch for gsdx . a hack actually.

but might help someone to compare and maybe build its own gsdx with it. if its compatible after all this time that is Tongue
Index: GSTextureCache.cpp
--- GSTextureCache.cpp    (revision 5197)
+++ GSTextureCache.cpp    (working copy)
@@ -692,6 +692,8 @@
        else if(tw < 1024)
            // FIXME: timesplitters blurs the render target by blending itself over a couple of times
+            delete src;
+            return NULL;
            hack = true;
            //if(tw == 256 && th == 128 && (TEX0.TBP0 == 0 || TEX0.TBP0 == 0x00e00))
just checked against git. manual apply would require but code is still there
i think i got the right thread (finally),  i m just starting new game with this VP2 and i have some issues, like FPS drop while cutscene, battle and dungeon the FPS was stable at 40s and its very laggy. i m already tested using pcsx2 version 1.4.0 but the plugin GSDx_VP2 cannot be loaded, so i go back down to the pcsx2 ver 1.2.1 r5875, i hope someone still have the good setting on this game, anyone would mind to help me please to fix the setting. ?

my laptop spec : intel core i7 4510U 2,6Ghz, nVidia GT840m 2GB GDDR3, RAM 12GB DDR3L. windows 8.1 64bit

here some screen shoot from my setting.

[Image: Untitled_1.jpg]
[Image: Untitled_2.jpg]

[Image: Untitled_3.jpg]

[Image: Untitled_4.jpg]

[Image: Untitled_5.jpg]

[Image: Untitled.jpg]