weird blue texture bug
Photo 
I have been playing the sims 2 castaways for about a day now and everything was fine until a little wile ago, the ground textures in the game randomly started to become blue this is temporarily fixed when I change the video plugin settings but then comes back about a minute later. The blue texture moves when I move my character and is always shaped like a triangle.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Does it happen on 1.5 builds? Also switch to OpenGL if you haven't.
https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
(02-24-2018, 10:12 PM)lightningterror Wrote: Does it happen on 1.5 builds? Also switch to OpenGL if you haven't.
https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
I already have openGL as my rendered and can you tell me what that is, sorry I'm new to this.
(02-24-2018, 10:29 PM)Avid Arniest Wrote: I already have openGL as my rendered and can you tell me what that is, sorry I'm new to this.

It's pcsx2 v1.5 which are daily beta builds, if you're using 1.4 I'd suggest to give it a try and see if the problem persists or it's fixed.
1.4 is outdated at this point.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
(02-24-2018, 10:47 PM)lightningterror Wrote: It's pcsx2 v1.5 which are daily beta builds, if you're using 1.4 I'd suggest to give it a try and see if the problem persists or it's fixed.
1.4 is outdated at this point.

Does it keep my settings and do I download the most recent one?
No, those will stay the same. You just have to reconfigure the file paths.
To install it do I have to replace the files in pcsx2 directory or do I just have to run the exe?
You can do either, but it's easier to just install on top of the old PCSX2.
(02-24-2018, 11:03 PM)CK1 Wrote: You can do either, but it's easier to just install on top of the old PCSX2.

I used the exe and it still kept the old version in my x86 and the new version din't keep any of my settings even though I pressed import when installing. I almost though I lost my save file but then found that it still kept the old one, where are my saves just in case so I can back them up?
Your old saves should be in the Documents folder.