well this is weird.. upgraded gpu,games run slower.. :P
also,I can't edit my signature to chagne my specs Tongue (must be blind I guess Tongue)

I changed my gpu to a gigabyte ati radeon hd5770 1gb ram

haven't used pcsx2 for a while.. I used to play ffx on 50 fps,now it's sluggish..

I even tried my ffxii and it was even worse,27 average fps.. this is really weird.

I did expect things running smoother with a better gpu,not worse Tongue

any ideas why? (also,how can I edit my signature? Tongue)

EDITSadfor some reason even though I had show signature ticked it didnt show it.. here it is:
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU 2.4ghz
2.00 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT 256mb(my old gpu Tongue))
Windows XP SP3
2.00 GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
Windows XP SP3

Sponsored links

Code:
haven't used pcsx2 for a while
After that I would say that older GSdx versions were faster(through not such of a difference), but is your problem really gpu related?:3 Give some more info like what's your EE/GS% when you're playing, which pcsx2 version you have and what settings you changed.

If you didn't changed any, by default GSdx runs in software, I can imagine it could also reset when you changed gpu soo check it even if you keep using the same pcsx2. Having 2x fps in software at those games on a slow quad is pretty much to be expected, so get into GSdx config and change it to hardware if that's the case.

As for signature UserCP(at the top)>Your Profile(in the left)>edit profile>change signature.
In the past, Nvdia made GPUs were faster with GSdx.
Can't say how it is today though, but check the GPU benchmark thread maybe.
hey thanks,4 replying. (btw edit signature option under profile doesn't appear for me 0.o ,I can edit password avatar etc etc but no signature option..)

I used to run pcsx2-beta-720,pcsx2-snapshot612,pcsx2-r592 (one of those is the 50 max fps one at ffx Tongue)

now I downloaded the latest pcsx2-0.9.8-r4600 and everything went to hell Tongue to tell the truth I didnt change anything,after reading the whole configuration guide('cause I couldn't remember anything since the last time i configured/used pcsx2 Tongue)
I changed,nothing Tongue as the guide more or less suggested Tongue

usin gsdx-ssse3-r4600 plugin

(I just loaded all of my old emulator versions with ffx,even my gamepad vibration is gone in some of them but not all of them.. O.o (I hate it when I have something working and after ahem.. yearsTongue I try using it again and doesn't work properly Tongue))
2.00 GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
Windows XP SP3
Soo when you run the game in a window and experience low fps, at the top of the window you should have EE and GS%, any of it reaches 100%?

If the answer is yes - your cpu is holding you down, but that's not soo bad as FF series works well with speedhacks(in Config>emulation settings>speedhacks), just apply recommended ones, and eventually experiment with the slider ones. If GS% was the one to be awfully high and reaching 100% then make double sure you aren't playing in software mode;P enter GSdx config(Config>Video GS>plugin settings) and check if you have DX9 hardware as a renderer or by any chance software which would be the case of crappy fps.

If the answer is no then it's possible gpu is holding you down, I have hd5670 which is like half speed of 5770 and no problems with speed in FF series. Well at least in dx11, I don't recall ever trying in dx9 which having Win XP you're limited to, but it shouldn't probably be such a high difference.
Actually miseru DirectX 10/11 are way faster then DX9 especially since the 48xx and 5xxx series (Talking out of AMD view here) Perhaps Sora try to update your graphics card drivers if you haven't done so otherwise download some older versions to see if that'll help. When 11.9 Catalyst came out I jumped back to 11.8, mainly since those drivers seem to be faster and more stable with PCSX2 Smile Atleast this was what I was noticing Smile Eitherway Sorapak always make sure that your drivers are up to date and if you have 4 GByte Memory, I still would recommend you to run atleast Vista, you will get a small boost in performance and access to DirectX10/11 cause of your 5770.
thanks 4 the replies guys,yes EE reaches 100%,Gs is at about 15-22%,but how come it worked better before? Haven't upgraded(or downgraded/underclocked Tongue) my cpu,only my gpu.I don't get it Tongue

I have 3d mode hardware enabled,checked it. ;p

I only have 2 gigs of ram,I'm not upgrading above XP 'cause older games might not work properly on win 7(I'm not even thinking about vista,too problematic Tongue2)
2.00 GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
Windows XP SP3
hehe I misread your pc specs sorry Wink
It's because the emulator is now a lot more accurate and compatible than before, thus making it slower than it used to be. Don't you know the more accurate/compatible an emulator is, the slower it is? A good example of that would be bsnes, which requires a 3ghz core 2 to run snes games. So either upgrade your cpu or use an older and less compatible version of pcsx2.
Well maybe in some games dx10/11>dx9(surely not all as there are some which dx9 is superior in both speed and quality;P), but if EE reaches 100% then it's surely cpu pulling everything down and not gpu:3.

And for that -> speedhacks, speedhacks, speedhacks;], and if you're already using them - bad luck;]

But still 2,4ghz c2quad should be enough, I keep my amd(which obviously is worser) underclocked to 2,3ghz and I can play FF series games with no cpu keeping it back with some recommended speedhacks. Maybe new gpu drivers are crappy in win XP and hug lots of processing power in your cpu. Turn on task menager (ctrl+alt+del) and check what programs load your cpu, but even then if it's a quad then I dunno what could hug soo much resources to keep not leave at least one or two of it's cores free without you knowing/running it yourself unless your system is awfully infected(bird flu or something;P).

Maybe get a "cpuz" or similar program and check if your cpu doesn't underclock when you're playing, It's highly possible that the new GPU is generating much more heat or is wider killing air circulation and your cpu is throttling in result;]. Anyway cpu is at the end-fault here and probably even without speedhacks you should have around 40-50fps in FFX soo something's not right. You could also get an svn version of pcsx2 and try MTVU hack which as far as I remember was helping for FFXII, not sure about FFX, probably too;3, but even if that would help, check your cpu temp and clock, couse the result you get doesn't seem to be right;].

Also to the post above dunno how much latest pcsx2 is slower than ancient unknown to me builds, but in lots of games it's actually faster to no difference in compare to oldest I try which was probably 0.9.5. Also for FF series you don't really need a monster cpu to begin with, soo 2,4c2q doesn't really need an upgrade nor getting back to some old pcsx2 versions.