what are differences between OpenGL and D3D10/11 in gsdx render..
I have a gt 760 graphic card,and I run the God Of War with 59fps in OpenGL render,in some cases,the GS reach about 80%~90% and EE keep 45%~55%.on the other hands,run the same game with full spped in the same scene,the GS read about 40% ,and the EE run about 40%.Some games for example Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria in OpenGL render,run very slow about 30fps,but in dx10/11 render,it will run full speed what are differences between OpenGL and D3D10/11 in gsdx render?
----------------------------------------------------------

PCSX2 1.3.0.r5918 - compiled on Feb 28 2014
Savestate version: 0x9a0a0000

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 (build 7600), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 4045 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 09)
CPU speed = 3.208 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 7fbae3ff
x86EFlags = 28100000

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS: H:\Programs\PCSX2\plugins\GSDX-Cutie-AVX-r5206m.dll
Windows 6.1.7600
NVIDIA GeForce GT 760
Binding PAD: H:\Programs\PCSX2\plugins\lilypad-r5864.dll
Binding SPU2: H:\Programs\PCSX2\plugins\SPU2-X-r5764.dll
Binding CDVD: H:\Programs\PCSX2\plugins\cdvdPeops.dll
Binding USB: H:\Programs\PCSX2\plugins\USBnull-r5764.dll
Binding FW: H:\Programs\PCSX2\plugins\FWnull-r5764.dll
Binding DEV9: H:\Programs\PCSX2\plugins\DEV9null-r5764.dll
Plugins loaded successfully.

Sponsored links

opengl is slower than directx. dx works very well with windows. the highest version of dx if your gpu supports it then it is recommanded instead of opengl.
as of the gs percentage 85-90% means your gpu is bottlenecking. however that must be for opengl since your gpu is very powerful.
so always use dx11 as the renderer
[Image: lhljdGn.png]
My Steam Profile
Intel i7 8086k @ 4.0 ghz | Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6GB | Corsair Vengence pro 16gb DDR4 | WD Blue 1tb + Black 2tb hdd | Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD | Windows 10 pro

Quote:H:\Programs\PCSX2\plugins\GSDX-Cutie-AVX-r5206m.dll
better erase that crap if you want support, though...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-08-2014, 10:59 AM)Shouvanik Wrote: opengl is slower than directx. dx works very well with windows. the highest version of dx if your gpu supports it then it is recommanded instead of opengl.
as of the gs percentage 85-90% means your gpu is bottlenecking. however that must be for opengl since your gpu is very powerful.
so always use dx11 as the renderer

In general you are right but...

Always use what works better for you. As rule of thumb, the version number is not warranty of speed, actually directX 11 capable games might be a lot more heavy on the machine than a DirectX 9.c Version.

But yes, the newer version most probably will be able to do many things the previous can't so the game may look better. In the case of PCSX2 it's generally faster but some games might return geometry or lighting errors making a matter of taste to find it bearable or not.

Not many people know that OpenGL is older than DirectX and historically more resourceful. On it's genesis directX was a very limited API with DirectDraw as a small subset of OpenGL which fit well the video card manufacturers (due to getting the mainstream- cards DirectX certified where those cards could not get OpenGL certification), on the other hand this appealed to game developers which didn't need all the power from OpenGL (older games running on older machines looked shabby and the common machine would not be enough to do much more anyway, good for DX).

This and corporation and marketing pressures made DirectX almost obligatory API to use in games development and this helped harming OpenGL which made the professional graphics applications almost it's exclusive niche. With time even this began changing when DirectX achieved a competitive status, around Direct 8, but till DX 9.c you should not expect anything marvelous from it at all.

Besides, DirectSound was already withdrawn at newer Windows versions to have OpenSound as main engine. Mantle is forcing revision on the video APIs with OpenGL already advanced on the concept of returning to developers greater direct control on the hardware (that close to metal thing). DirectX 12 is probably mainly focused on this as well.

Since historically MS has shown not being good releasing control, let's see what all that mess really means in the years to come.
Imagination is where we are truly real
thanks for the explanation. it answers some of my queries as well. Smile
+1 rep
[Image: lhljdGn.png]
My Steam Profile
Intel i7 8086k @ 4.0 ghz | Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6GB | Corsair Vengence pro 16gb DDR4 | WD Blue 1tb + Black 2tb hdd | Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD | Windows 10 pro

The difference is easy. Dx is finished. Opengl is on-going but I'm working on another interesting project so it won't be finished soon. The others diff are
1/ opengl work on linux. It took me less than 1 hour to enable it on windows. So why not Wink
2/ I could (potentially) fix some rendering issue. For example, shadow on Persona work without alpha stencil hack.
3/ I might able in the future (ie when I have time to code) to use advance GPU feature without dx12 and new MS OS Tongue2

Conclusion just use Dx Wink
just use DX......-_-b!!.....OK..