what does "GIFTAG warning, size exceeded VU memory size 400" means??
(07-11-2011, 12:44 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: eh
4GBs with a 920? theres 33% of your memory performance gone.

running at stock doesn't help either.

I dont understand the technical things you are talking about Sad . Do I need more ram, because my CPU is too powerful?

(07-11-2011, 10:28 AM)MyDreamName Wrote: Have you tried enabling some speed hacks in your emulation settings (under "Config")?

I will paste what I answered you in the other thread lol Biggrin , the speed hacks that are "recommended" are already enabled, also when I change the configuration of the graphics plugin in order to have better graphics quality, the FPS maintains at the same crappy rate, it doesn't decreases (If I pump the quality, shouldn't it get slower??) lol; so I think I need different plugins Wacko

Sponsored links

you don't really need more ram, but you're not getting the full capabilities of the trichannel controller (Dolphin would have performance hit)

a number of games would run fine at 2.6, but the average clock speed for decent pcsx2 performance is 3.4-3.6, with the higher overhead games needing 4+.
HELP ME!!! Sad. PS2 games looks like crap in their original display, that is why I am trying to use my PC to play my PS2 games. Thxs God PS3 games already look good; because I cant imagine how hard (at least for me) would be to configure my PC in order to emulate it properly.

I remember going all crazy when I first tried to use EPSXE for PS1.....that is why I bought a PS2, so I could play all the great games day 1 without going nuts, but the graphics now look like crap.

I wonder what I am doing wrong. First the emulator didnt recognize any of my DVDs, and always tried to boot from the ISO; and now it recognize my games, but they run like crap Sad
(07-11-2011, 06:14 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: you don't really need more ram, but you're not getting the full capabilities of the trichannel controller (Dolphin would have performance hit)

a number of games would run fine at 2.6, but the average clock speed for decent pcsx2 performance is 3.4-3.6, with the higher overhead games needing 4+.

I am a newbie in this things, so do you think can you talk like "Emulation for dummies" plz?? I really dont understand all those numbers.....I suck at this Unsure

Do I need instead a better processor?? I wont be able to run my games with ULTRA QUALITY??? because that is why I tried to use the emulator in the first place. If I only will be able to emulate a PS2 barely, then I guess I should stay playing my PS2 games in my PS2.....but they look like crap Sad

That is what you are trying to telling me?? Do I need a NASA PC in order to play my games?? Sad My PC is more powerful than a PS3, and yet I cant emulate a PS2...I wonder what will be the requirements in order to emulate a PS3 Wacko
please don't pm me for help.

920 D0's in particular are good overclockers (within reason) and can hit a 50% overclock at usually the stock voltage (1.25v) (Stock voltage is anywhere from 1 - 1.25v via the vid range)

http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/6620...20-d0.html
(07-11-2011, 07:11 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: please don't pm me for help.

920 D0's in particular are good overclockers (within reason) and can hit a 50% overclock at usually the stock voltage (1.25v) (Stock voltage is anywhere from 1 - 1.25v via the vid range)

http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/6620...20-d0.html

thx for the answer, sorry I wont pm you again, mmm; is there some way besides hacking my own system in order to run the emulator properly?? like buying more ram, if that is the case I can buy it; my motherboard can handle up to 64 gb of ram and I was planning on upgrading my system anyway.

And also a thing that makes me think that I need some ram. My bro has a Mac book pro, he has an i7 processor just like mine, but 8 gb ram, and the emulator runs well, even while pumping up some graphics specs. In my PC even with the graphics like ultra crap I have FPS abysmal drops Sad
which i7 does he have (it matters)

the 920 is 2.66Ghz, this should be plenty for most simple games (FFX and KH1 for instance)
the 950 is 3.06Ghz
960 is 3.20
the 965 is 3.20*
the 970 is 3.20Ghz
the 975 is 3.33*

the 980 is 3.33**
the 990 is 3.46**
the 995 is 3.60***

*Unlocked multiplier (High priced)
** Unlocked, 6 cores, extremely high price
***6 cores, not consumer released as yet (needs a product placement).
I really doubt any emulator would take advantage of tri channel memory yet.
Dolphin does easily. (read and write efb changes)

pcsx2 not so much... until someone figures out high res texture support lol.
(07-11-2011, 08:55 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: which i7 does he have (it matters)

the 920 is 2.66Ghz, this should be plenty for most simple games (FFX and KH1 for instance)
the 950 is 3.06Ghz
960 is 3.20
the 965 is 3.20*
the 970 is 3.20Ghz
the 975 is 3.33*

the 980 is 3.33**
the 990 is 3.46**
the 995 is 3.60***

*Unlocked multiplier (High priced)
** Unlocked, 6 cores, extremely high price
***6 cores, not consumer released as yet (needs a product placement).

He has a 920 2.66 ghz, and we have tried in his laptop shinobi, MGS3, and DMC3. The games run well without any graphics enhancement, but if he puts scaling x3 native resolution the games also run pretty good with some little drops in FPS, but nothing catastrophic. Also I find weird that it looks like the graphics card doesn't make much difference in emulation, because even though his video card only has 512 mb, and mine 1.5 gb I cant even play 1 game decently.