what i need to run vice city stories good?
the gameplay looks fine to me.. with a 2.67 clockspeed and speedhacks.. and i dont think gta vice city stories is a very demanding game after all

Sponsored links

its more demanding than gta3 and san andreas.

ever tried liberty city stories? i bet there's not a single pc out there right now that can run it permanently at full speed. this game is pure slowmo-horror

btw. e5200@ 4,25Ghz and still some slowdowns in vcs
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Running MGS3 Snake Eater fully playable @ 0.05 fps
i tried both GTA LCS and VCS and they all run at fullspeed if I overclock the damn EE.
i have a E8500 @ 4,25 Ghz Smile , this game uses the EE to the max so the same slowdowns would happen to you even if you had 6 Ghz because the emulated EE is too slow.
you mean the ee cycle speedhack? sounds interesting, cant remember if i tried that already, but i'll try it this evening. Blink
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
Setting the NTSC and PAL framerates to 30FPS or whatever you get currently instead of the default 59.94 and 50 FPS works fine for this game and liberty stories, you can get "full speed" but less smooth gameplay like that... FMVs get broken tho.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(09-30-2010, 05:45 PM)Cyphox Wrote: you mean the ee cycle speedhack?
The EE on pcsx2 is slowed down for pc compatability (with PCs like mine for example) the EE speedhack slows it down FURTHER, it won't speed up the game
aah, thanks for explaining.

i just fiddled around a bit and found out that you also have to activate "allow 8-bit textures" in gsdx for running lcs smooth (at least on my sys?!). in my standardconfig thats off by default.

running much better now, thanks!
Intel 486 DX33 33Mhz
8MB EDO Ram
S3 Graphics Trio64V+
Windows 95
ok i uploded a video of me playing this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5jaoox1OZ0
as you see the game looks pretty good and works pretty good but there is some slowdowns and there is the black square behind the map and subtitles.. buy yeah, its really playable..
hope youll fix it some time to be perfect..
so you want me to upload my pcsx2?
and what you think about the video?
will you repiar that things so sometime ill dont have slowdowns and black squears behind things?
you will have tyhose slowdowns until you get a better pc anyways.
about those black squares : do they appear when your un the game with gsdx software mode?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go