what is microVU?
(03-21-2009, 01:13 PM)Bositman Wrote: microVU is a new Vector Unit recompiler coded by cottonvibes. It is meant to replace the current buggy ones for better speed and compatibility when it is complete.
Since it isn't complete,for the time it does nothing. It's just there so cottonvibes can keep track of the code (and have a backup)

so this will be the future/next system replacing VTLB
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel

Sponsored links

(04-12-2009, 05:49 PM)Krakatos Wrote: Did you bother to read the thread? You CANNOT use it yet. Period.

What about the current status? In SVN 1177 cottonvibes stated:

It would be nice is someone with an Intel C2D can compare the speed of:
-mVU normal without DaZ
-mVU normal with DaZ
-mVU min/max speedhack without DaZ
-mVU min/max speedhack with DaZ

Is this for official beta testers only or can we as normal users activate microVU in the code?
Highly alpha stuff, but sure, if you can compile the thing then you're free to see a new recompiler evolve Tongue2
In pcsx2config.h find and uncomment this:
//#define PCSX2_MICROVU // Use Micro VU recs instead of Zero VU Recs
//#define PCSX2_MICROVU_ // Fully enable Micro VU recs (temporary option for now)

Don't expect it to run your favorite game yet though. There are lots of problems yet Tongue2
And don't expect it to run in Linux at all, btw. Yet, anyways. Once it's a runtime option in Windows, I'll work on getting it to work in Linux...
(05-14-2009, 01:20 PM)rama Wrote: Highly alpha stuff, but sure, if you can compile the thing then you're free to see a new recompiler evolve Tongue2
In pcsx2config.h find and uncomment this:
//#define PCSX2_MICROVU // Use Micro VU recs instead of Zero VU Recs
//#define PCSX2_MICROVU_ // Fully enable Micro VU recs (temporary option for now)

Thanks!

(05-14-2009, 01:20 PM)rama Wrote: Don't expect it to run your favorite game yet though. There are lots of problems yet Tongue2

I know, I know. Just find it interesting to see the thing evolve.
Virtually all games already show ingame stuff as it seems.
Never mind my last post, actually. It sould run in Linux now, given the same steps needed for it to run in Windows.
FFX run fine with mVU + speedhack with a little problem ( in Linux of course ).