what is microVU?
That's the question, what is microVU that cottonvibes is working actually, will it will really affect pcsx2 when it finished?

Sponsored links

Sure, it will. And I have another question. Is microVU showing some images now? How much work are left to do?
microVU is a new Vector Unit recompiler coded by cottonvibes. It is meant to replace the current buggy ones for better speed and compatibility when it is complete.
Since it isn't complete,for the time it does nothing. It's just there so cottonvibes can keep track of the code (and have a backup)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Is really is good thing then, looking forward to it
(03-21-2009, 01:07 PM)Dr.J Wrote: Sure, it will. And I have another question. Is microVU showing some images now? How much work are left to do?

Not sure when it'll be complete enough to run some games.
I ran into some problems which requires me to rethink some stuff.
Additionally this week I have an important exam at University, and can't spend alot of time coding.

Whats left is basically fully implementing the first pass of instructions (my recompilers have 2 passes, the first pass is the 'analyzing' phase).
I also have to finish the compiling loop (this is the tricky part i'm having problems with).
And there's other miscellaneous stuff that needs to be coded/fixed up.
I'm really happy for what you are doing Cotton, Best of luck for the exam!
Good luck on the exam cotton I just finished finals.. Spring break woohoo
(03-21-2009, 01:13 PM)Bositman Wrote: microVU is a new Vector Unit recompiler coded by cottonvibes. It is meant to replace the current buggy ones for better speed and compatibility when it is complete.
Since it isn't complete,for the time it does nothing. It's just there so cottonvibes can keep track of the code (and have a backup)

BUT How to Replace it with Current one.

[Image: devilmaycry4wallpaper09.png]
You can NOT. It is not ready yet,it is NOT working. As said in this same thread.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Did you bother to read the thread? You CANNOT use it yet. Period.