wheel setup
Hi all, can you please help me with my ffb wheel. I can only find really old setup guides but nothing for the latest pscx 2. from what I can find I need to Insall a plugin. i can't figure out how to do that. when I go to controller setup, I can map all the wheel functions but in game nothing registers. I have tried multiple games, but nothing thing works. any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored links

Hey there! Don't worry, getting your FFB wheel working with PCSX2 isn't as complicated as it might seem. While older guides exist, the good news is that plugin management has changed in recent PCSX2 versions.
While built-in support exists, not all wheels are fully compatible. Double-check the PCSX2 compatibility. Most PS2 games have their own FFB options within the settings menu. Enable and adjust them to your liking. Open PCSX2's "Configure" -> "Controller (PAD)" -> "Plugin Settings" (tab). Here, you can adjust options like force feedback strength and deadzones. Experiment to find your sweet spot.
(02-20-2024, 09:40 AM)MathewTamra Wrote: Hey there! Don't worry, getting your FFB wheel working with PCSX2 isn't as complicated as it might seem. While older guides exist, the good news is that plugin management has changed in recent PCSX2 versions.
While built-in support exists, not all wheels are fully compatible. Double-check the PCSX2 compatibility. Most PS2 games have their own FFB options within the settings menu. Enable and adjust them to your liking.  Open PCSX2's "Configure" -> "Controller (PAD)" -> "Plugin Settings" (tab). Here, you can adjust options like force feedback strength and deadzones. Experiment to find your sweet spot

Hi Matt thanks for the reply. can you please have a look at these screen shots for me. I may be blind, but I can find the plugins tab anywhere. many thanks in advance

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 1708427400-wheel.jpg]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-20-2024, 01:10 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [Image: 1708427400-wheel.jpg]

Thanks Jesalvein, your info got the wheel working but no force feedback, do have any ideas getting that to work? Thanks
(02-20-2024, 01:34 PM)magicmick Wrote: Thanks Jesalvein, your info got the wheel working but no force feedback, do have any ideas getting that to work? Thanks

I think you need to map whatever key to it (look on the top right "force feedback" mapping on the screenshot above
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-20-2024, 01:45 PM)jesalvein Wrote: I think you need to map whatever key to it (look on the top right "force feedback" mapping on the screenshot above

Hey so I have a Moza R5, I got it to replace my G920 since it had issues staying calibrated, it lets me bind the force feedback in PCSX2 just fine but I never feel any force feedback even with the ffb setting in Moza Pit House turned way up. Otherwise the wheel works perfectly.
(03-21-2024, 11:18 PM)Pokemonfanatic102 Wrote: Hey so I have a Moza R5, I got it to replace my G920 since it had issues staying calibrated, it lets me bind the force feedback in PCSX2 just fine but I never feel any force feedback even with the ffb setting in Moza Pit House turned way up. Otherwise the wheel works perfectly.

I have the exact problem with my R5. The ffb seems to work on when I tried it on the 1.7.2643 night build and the wheel works pretty well in that build. However there seems to be an issue with the latest nightly builds. I think the force feedback will work on any Nightly build that has Wxwidgets. I wish the newer versions used that instead because there seems to be some compatibility issues with certain wheels. I would have just stuck to the old one but the newer builds are the ones that support the Re-Texture mods for GT4.