where can i get SSE
where can i get this plugin

and yes im using an intel CPU Smile

Sponsored links

wait is this a plugin?

i check'd my cpu-z and it sead sse 4.2
The pcsx2 binary\installation comes with 3 version of GSdx(4 if you count the AVX)...they are SSE2,SSSE3 and SSE4
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=SSE
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
(10-16-2012, 02:46 PM)soratidus999 Wrote: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=SSE

I like being a bit of a jerk as well, but at least answer the question.

OP, I believe they are in the plugin selection menu.
Hi Serpin,

Not sure if it's just my reading of your post, or if you may be confused between SSE and PCSX2 SSE plugins. If it's just my reading then my apologies..

SSE (there are more than one version) - SSE in itself is a set of instructions and it's already in your CPU. There are various sets. When you first boot PCSX2 it will list your processor and tell you which versions of SSE are supported, then as Amak states, you can choose a plugin which relates to the versions of SSE your processor supports (note AVX) is also an extra instruction set and there is a corresponding GSDX for that set. You'll find them in Plugins in PCSX2..There is a thread which tells you all about it somewhere about....
o it was to my understanding it was some type of plugin so i looked every where for SSE4.1 i was told to use this on my high end pc

but i could not find the plugin so i posted here but it seams because of my lack of knowledge about emulators im getting sh.it for it

but thanks for clearing that up
hm hm hm
CPU- Intel i7-2600k OC 4500.0mhz
CSU- Corsair Hydro H70
GPU- Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 3gig
PSU- Corsair Gold 1200w
RAM- Corsair Dominator DDR3 2x4gig
Mobo- Asus P8Z68-V
HDD- WD Caviar Black 1T
Case- cooler master haf 932 Red LED
Monitor- Asus 24inch LED 1920-1080p with built in speakers
(10-17-2012, 02:37 PM)serpin Wrote: o it was to my understanding it was some type of plugin so i looked every where for SSE4.1 i was told to use this on my high end pc

but i could not find the plugin so i posted here but it seams because of my lack of knowledge about emulators im getting sh.it for it

but thanks for clearing that up

No worries, and don't take the other posts to heart. Plenty of people here to help with any issues. And the confusion around SSE GSDX plugins and SSE itself is unerstandable if you're new.
A few games aren't perfectly emulated yet, maybe whatever problem you are experimenting is related to specific game and the emulator's setup.

About the plugins, you are right that is generally better to chose the ones "using" the most advanced and newer features available for the processor. Still it may not be the best option sometimes. I can't provide definite examples for myself don't have Intel CPUs and till recently was limited in the choices.

The differences between the plugins is mostly in specific instructions that could be accomplished more efficiently or done the "hard way". I'm not sure if a SSE4.2 for PCSX2 ever exist already and I would beware (possibly) a determined game may work better with one plugin over another.

Keeping on topic, albeit you should indeed keep looking for the best for your rig, if determined plugin did not came with the official download it does not exist or is not officially supported. I may be wrong but...

Anyway, if you are getting specific issues with something or some games, these may be issues related to the specific games and should be treated in specific threads. If you are not experimenting problems with your actual plugin (that should be SSE 4), you are fine. You see, depending on what was introduced in later versions of SSE4.x, that does not mean PCSX2 uses or needs to use the newer instructions.

Edit: I see there is an AVX plugin now but I can't say anything about it yet. Although it runs on my AMD CPU I have not had time these last days to play.
Imagination is where we are truly real