which new laptop shall i buy
i am thinking of buying a new laptop. i want it to be powerful, have an excellent graphics card with high ram, high memory and a powerful processor. it should be heat tolerant and can withstand heat generated by excess gaming

everything is now windows 8, but i am unfamiliar with it because i haven't tested it yet. as i know there are 4 editions: one simply named Windows 8 is intended for mainstream consumers, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Enterprise and Windows RT

which one is the ***MOST*** stable one (by most stable i mean no crashes, no freezing, no blue screen of death and no windows bugs. i will switch off windows updates and only update drivers when i absolutely must) and it works best with pcsx2? i also want to be able to run older programs like ps1 emulators

also does everything which runs on windows 7 also run on windows 8? as i know 8 is 7 because the same kernel is used since windows 7 drivers can be used in windows 8, but 8 has a different look than 7

is asus a good choice?

Sponsored links

You failed to mention your budget...

Cant say about windows 8. I plan on downgrading to Windows 7 if I get a new system any time soon.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
Yeah windows 8 not so good i heard,many problems in it.
If u want to buy a laptop buy an intel core i7 3rd generation with any powerfull dedicated video card like nvidia Geforce or Amd Radeon HD series with directx 11 support.about cooling pad,i don't know serach it u'rself.chipset should be z77 one.

Thanks !! Smile
what problems are there in windows 8? does it blue screen like windows 7?

i HATE, LOATH, DESPISE, DETEST the blue screen of death

is windows 8 pro stable enough and does pcsx2 run ok on it?
Exactly what do you do that seems to cause your blue screens enough times to hate them so much? Ive run windows 7 since its release and havent had an issue.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
Windows 8 have problems with graphic cards i think.it Freezes sometimes,slow speed & little hard to find drivers for it.

I have no problem with windows 7 from starting,it's amazing in every way !!

Windows 8 pro pretty stable though,if u really want to use windows 8.Go ahead Smile
Windows RT is a version of Windows 8 for ARM processor. It comes preinstalled on tablets. No installation media available.

The other editions of Windows 8 are the same if you are not an IT professional. The Pro and Enterprise editions include domain support and several other things which I myself don't know what they are for. But these features are used mostly in business environment -- most users, both technical and casual, do not need them. So do not confuse when choosing Windows 8 edition. But AFAIK, those who can get Windows for free always use the full featured edition. Tongue

I do not recommend you to install Windows 7 driver on 8. Installing an old driver on a new OS sometimes works, but most of the time not and/or work with issues. Hardware manufacturers are not dumb to update their drivers each time a new Windows comes out.

About the BSOD, no one can tell where or when. But the Windows 8 BSOD is far prettier to look at than that of Windows 7. It is the least you can expect.

[Image: BSoD_in_Windows_8.png]
(04-28-2013, 03:05 PM)solidus Wrote: what problems are there in windows 8? does it blue screen like windows 7?

i HATE, LOATH, DESPISE, DETEST the blue screen of death

All Windows will have BSODs if something is wrong.

And I, for one, LOVE the blue screen of death.
It let's me know something's wrong,
and tends to stop operations before the commputer could be harmed.

I'm afraid you got the wrong idea on that, friend. Smile

Your laptop should at least have a newer Intel based Core i5 inside for best results. A discrete graphics unit is definitely ideal, as well.

Examples:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6834312431

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6834216457

Those are about the lowest I'd recommend.
Windows 8 has a ton of system performance improvements in it, silly to not go for it or downgrade to 7.
(04-29-2013, 01:30 AM)Rawrbomb Wrote: Windows 8 has a ton of system performance improvements in it, silly to not go for it or downgrade to 7.

like what ? i've seen none but the lesser Ram usage ?
(04-28-2013, 11:26 AM)Preet Wrote: Yeah windows 8 not so good i heard,many problems in it.
If u want to buy a laptop buy an intel core i7 3rd generation with any powerfull dedicated video card like nvidia Geforce or Amd Radeon HD series with directx 11 support.about cooling pad,i don't know serach it u'rself.chipset should be z77 one.

Thanks !! Smile

by the way mobile ( laptops ) chipset are different than desktop chipset Wink

as Rezard said usually the cause of BSOD is not the Windows ( mostly it's hardware or drivers releated ) so buying a new laptop will definitely fix the problem i think Smile