which of these computer parts should I replace?
so if I overclock my current cpu to 3.0-3.2 ghz and use speedhacks will I be good? I cant afford a new cpu but my friend said he will overclock it. i have a direct x 11 graphics card in the mail. I hope this works, im getting a ps3 8- gb too but it isnt compatible with my favorite games.

Sponsored links

(11-27-2010, 07:33 PM)duneplanet Wrote: so if I overclock my current cpu to 3.0-3.2 ghz and use speedhacks will I be good?

U most likely wont get full fps since you were getting such low fps in the first place. But u will get a speed increase tho Smile

Q8300 @ 3.0GHz | Radeon HD 5770 | Windows 7 64-bit
why am I getting such low fps? other people with cards like mine get like 45 i dont know why im getting 20-30. maybe the new gfx card will help
(11-27-2010, 08:10 PM)duneplanet Wrote: why am I getting such low fps? other people with cards like mine get like 45 i dont know why im getting 20-30. maybe the new gfx card will help

Its your cpu. Thats the reason why people with the same gfx card get more fps than you. Instead of getting a gfx card get a cpu upgrade instead. It might even be cheaper than a gpu upgrade. U gotta understand that pcsx2 has a craving for cpu power. GFX cards upgrades are just an improvement to the overall visuals. U can even run games on the cheapest of gfx cards if you turn down the internal resolution. So in short don't upgrade your gfx card unless your looking for better graphics.

(11-27-2010, 08:24 PM)XS Butter Wrote: Its your cpu. Thats the reason why people with the same gfx card get more fps than you. Instead of getting a gfx card get a cpu upgrade instead. It might even be cheaper than a gpu upgrade. U gotta understand that pcsx2 has a craving for cpu power. GFX cards upgrades are just an improvement to the overall visuals. U can even run games on the cheapest of gfx cards if you turn down the internal resolution. So in short don't upgrade your gfx card unless your looking for better graphics.

do you think that if i overclocked well enough i would not need to buy another cpu?
(11-27-2010, 09:49 PM)duneplanet Wrote: do you think that if i overclocked well enough i would not need to buy another cpu?

Of course yes. But you would still need better components to reach a satisfiable speed on your current cpu. Things like a better cpu cooler, maybe a more oc friendly mobo or maybe even better ram. It all depends on the severity of the overclock. In the end it might just be cheaper and less work to buy a better cpu.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained! Have you even tried ocing ur current cpu to see what gains u could get or even get familiar with ocing???
(11-27-2010, 10:09 PM)XS Butter Wrote: Of course yes. But you would still need better components to reach a satisfiable speed on your current cpu. Things like a better cpu cooler, maybe a more oc friendly mobo or maybe even better ram. It all depends on the severity of the overclock. In the end it might just be cheaper and less work to buy a better cpu.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained! Have you even tried ocing ur current cpu to see what gains u could get or even get familiar with ocing???

my friend is gonna do it for me. I cant really afford anew mother board this one is only a few months old. i think it will be fine. eventually im gonna upgrade to 6 gb of ram but right now pcsx2 only uses 20 percent of my ram.
okay. but pcsx2 dont need that much ram tho. i doubt it even needs more than 1gb. it even uses less ram with recent source code updates. Anyways...HAPPY OC-ING! Laugh
XS Butter i think you are wrong about him being able to overclock his cpu enough to get good speeds, even if he ddr3 1600 ram, and great cooler, i dont think he could get near perfect speeds, because he would have to clock his cpu really high, and i dont think he can reach such high stable frequency. But its just my opinion, he really needs to test and see what happens, this isnt something i can say for sure, but if he wants to try this he should really get some quality ram (DDR3 1600), he doesnt need much of it cause like you said pcsx2 doesnt need much, but to reach high oveclock he need quality ram
Mobo: EVGA X58 SLI LE
CPU: Intel i7 920 C0 @ 4.2 Ghz 1.36v Cogage Arrow
Ram: 3x2GB OCZ Gold 1690 9-9-8-24 1.65v
GPU: MSI GTX580 Lightning @ 970/2200 1.09v+MSI GTX460 Hawk PhysX
HDD: Corsair Force GT 120, 2x F4 320GB Raid 0,F4 2TB, WD-G 1TB
PSU: Corsair HX850 80 PLUS SILVER Modular
Case: Antec 1200 EVGA Mod
For the ram, honestly I run with 2GBytes (and I do not close application like firefox, boinc etc...)

The fact is without an expensive upgrade current cpu architecture are not enough. It does not worth to change you cpu to go from 30fps to 45fps. Better save your money for the moment. Then buy later a cpu that could get at least 55fps. By the way you can still enjoy PC games and PS3 games for the moment.