which os is better for pcsx2?
which os is better for pcsx2?

Sponsored links

any above winxp
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
If you are talking about Windows, Linux, or macOS, I would definitely prefer Windows. It's obviously the most adopted OS in the globe, especially for gamers and practically almost every PC that meant for gaming is running Windows. macOS has issues with NVidia drivers and Linux is not easy to work with, so unless you are a software developer, programmer or an IT manager, it's very hard to use as it's not user-friendly.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
Yeah I would say the windows version would be the best as far as being easy to use. Also The Windows version has two Graphical backends to use while MacOS and Linux have only 1 as far as PCX2 goes which is OpenGL while Windows has DirectX and OpenGL. I have seen the Linux version of PCX2 run before through a video on YouTube and to me it didn't see as polished as the Windows version but that could be the specs of the tester's PC that he was using as well.
(04-18-2019, 07:29 PM)fender178 Wrote: Yeah I would say the windows version would be the best as far as being easy to use. Also The Windows version has two Graphical backends to use while MacOS and Linux have only 1 as far as PCX2 goes which is OpenGL while Windows has DirectX and OpenGL. I have seen the Linux version of PCX2 run before through a video on YouTube and to me it didn't see as polished as the Windows version but that could be the specs of the tester's PC that he was using as well.

PCSX2 has feature parity between both versions. The video/audio/controller backends are different since Windows and Linux use different backends from each other, however this doesn't affect performance/quality. PCSX2 on its own isn't going to run differently just based on the OS.

Generally speaking outside of PCSX2, if your PC is having trouble running Windows or a Linux distribution like Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu, there are minimalist distributions available such as Lubuntu or Arch Linux that may help. But if your PC is having so much trouble that just running an OS is causing performance issues, then PCSX2 is almost certainly never going to run above 50% speed on that hardware, in the absolute best case.