why am i getting speed slowdowns in framerate
You can turn on the following speedhacks:

MTVU, mVU Flag, Enable INTC Disc Detection, Enable Wait Loop detection.

Usually with those hacks enabled you'll still get a significant FPS boost while not interfering with the game's compatibility.

It's when you start sliding EE Cyclerate and VU Cycle Stealing to 2 or above that you'll have a good chance of breaking games.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)

Sponsored links

ok thanks. i will try them out if i see any more proper slowdowns

btw is this normal every now and then there are slowdowns and fps drops to around 40 in some areas of the game? on my old laptop when i was playing metal gear solid 3 in some areas the fps dropped to like 15. it was quite slow and i could sense game going frame, small pause, frame, small pause... when that happens then that means your machine is weak and u have a problem. however what about what is happening now and it drops to 40 fps in some areas? is it a must that if u are playing the fps should always stay 60fps or slowdowns happen every now and then and it drops to 40 or 50 fps?
Well if your CPU runs at 2.9 GHz (that i7 model of yours) it could be too weak for some games. Especially Metal Gear Solid games are some of those games where you really need a beastly computer to run it at full speed ALL the time. I still get slowdowns in MGS3 too.

Another possibility is that you have Intel Speedstep enabled in your BIOS. This downclocks your CPU randomly when it's not being used as heavily, and then you can experience random spikes because it'll end up being too weak for PCSX2. I'd recommend turning off Speedstep anyway, as it's more of a hassle than anything.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
my laptop now is a beastly laptop Smile 32gb ram and an 8gb nvidia card with 80gb ssd caching for extra speed. alienware is a gaming laptop and i got one with high specs

what is wrong with my cpu now? are u saying i could have gotten something better than the laptop that i have now? the cpu can be overclocked to 4.1ghz
No.
The problem is that it's a laptop.
A very good one, but still with the inherent shortcomings when it comes to intensive single threaded applications.

I highly doubt you can overclock it to 4.1 ghz, btw.
Or you believe "overclocking" and "turbo boost" are the same things.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
i can overclock it. it said so in the laptop specs

if i overclock then performance of laptop is faster so i should get better speeds in pcsx2. am i right?
solidus:
Let me quickly brief you on laptops and performance: The 2 do not go well together and even the best laptops
will be outdone by a much cheaper desktop. You'll hear this a lot when asking why your game doesn't run well
on your fast laptop Smile

Anyway, you have 100% EE load when it slows down. This kind of hints at a CPU speed issue.
I would try the MTVU speedhack and also checking what the CPU frequency is when you run into slowdown scenes.
Use a tool like cpu-z for that. www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
(12-01-2014, 01:19 PM)solidus Wrote: i can overclock it. it said so in the laptop specs

if i overclock then performance of laptop is faster so i should get better speeds in pcsx2. am i right?

yeah, that's right but, the performance boost isn't worth risking your laptop by overclocking.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(12-01-2014, 01:21 PM)s.sakash Wrote: yeah, that's right but, the performance boost isn't worth risking your laptop by overclocking.

^This, +1. Especially when it's a brand new laptop I'd advise you not to OC it due to warranty issues. It's up to you of course, but that's what I'd do.
(12-01-2014, 10:43 AM)solidus Wrote: these slowdowns are location based. now i have to see if there are noticeable slowdowns in fight scenes after i disabled speedhacks

no, the slowdowns happen when the texture that should be rendered are demanding. there is nothing you could do to improve performance than using speedhacks.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction