why has it suddenly slowed down?
(10-04-2009, 10:46 PM)smelly22 Wrote: aaah i dnt wanna super heat my laptop just to play this... it already gets hot sometimes so doing this would kill it..
but y does it work well on other games? and u said when its below 60% so if i pile a load of programs up will it work better? as this somehow seems to fix other games that r laggy...i usually stress my laptop when i first play it when i log on which stops lag on fps games

Didn't you just say that it's not getting hot?

(10-04-2009, 09:13 PM)smelly22 Wrote: and its not overheating my laptop is barely warm atm.

You could try changing the OS Power Settings (from Control Panel) to Performance, which shouldn't reduce CPU speed when idle.

Otherwise, try using the latest public beta (r1888) and see if that helps.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]

Sponsored links

Quote:Otherwise, try using the latest public beta (r1888) and see if that helps.

yer i have it but when i try playing it,it either crashes or just sends me to the ps2 start up menu and does nothing
(10-04-2009, 10:46 PM)smelly22 Wrote: but y does it work well on other games? and u said when its below 60% so if i pile a load of programs up will it work better? as this somehow seems to fix other games that r laggy...i usually stress my laptop when i first play it when i log on which stops lag on fps games

PCSX2 uses the CPU a lot more than other programs would (PC games tend to rely much more on GPU), you can try to change your power profile to high performance maybe I dont know how it works in laptops really :P
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(10-04-2009, 11:42 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote:
(10-04-2009, 10:46 PM)smelly22 Wrote: but y does it work well on other games? and u said when its below 60% so if i pile a load of programs up will it work better? as this somehow seems to fix other games that r laggy...i usually stress my laptop when i first play it when i log on which stops lag on fps games

PCSX2 uses the CPU a lot more than other programs would (PC games tend to rely much more on GPU), you can try to change your power profile to high performance maybe I dont know how it works in laptops really Tongue

well i'll have a play with some things but im gonna blame vista =) gonna update graphics drivers if i can actually do it properly this time and it might make a tiny difference which i doubt but i'll try a few things
sounds nerdy i know but i nearly..... myself im sooo glad its working again xD i guess it will just work when it wants lol 42/50 fps YAY
(10-05-2009, 05:44 PM)smelly22 Wrote:

PCSX2 uses the CPU a lot more than other programs would (PC games tend to rely much more on GPU), you can try to change your power profile to high performance maybe I dont know how it works in laptops really Tongue

well i'll have a play with some things but im gonna blame vista =) gonna update graphics drivers if i can actually do it properly this time and it might make a tiny difference which i doubt but i'll try a few things

i suggest dox185.85 then (its a modified version of 185.85) wich is still one of the best if not the best laptop driver
http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/2...re-185-85/

it is a lot faster than the normal new drivers
[Image: 1454055.png]
(10-05-2009, 07:02 PM)ChronicNL Wrote:

i suggest dox185.85 then (its a modified version of 185.85) wich is still one of the best if not the best laptop driver

thanks im trying them now hoping for the best =D
(10-05-2009, 07:02 PM)ChronicNL Wrote:

I'll second this (about the Dox185.85 Drivers). I've been using them, and have seen a noticible difference in all games I've played. Not related to PCSX2, but it also resolved some screen-tearing and stuttering framerate issues in World of Warcraft.

It's such an improvement, it reminds me of when Omega Drivers were actually good.
Quote:I'll second this (about the Dox185.85 Drivers). I've been using them, and have seen a noticible difference in all games I've played. Not related to PCSX2, but it also resolved some screen-tearing and stuttering framerate issues in World of Warcraft.

It's such an improvement, it reminds me of when Omega Drivers were actually good.

yer they seem a lot nicer =D havent updated for while anyway needed a reson to update
also insted of 35-45 fps im getting straight 50s atm xD
just a bit laggy when theres fire but im guessing thats a problem with the emulator
Usually those customized drivers are optimized for certain individual games, so I'm not sure if they will provide much of an improvement for PCSX2, but hey, if you do notice a difference, good for you Wink
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]