why is my game not getting past the Loading screen?
I'm having an issue and now I am stuck and don't know what to do.
The problem I'm having is since I am using my originally bought Gameshark Version 4 years ago, is that it will work for using cheat codes on all my Resident Evil games I own for the Playstation 2 except for "Resident Evil 4" and I have no clue why its happening.
Ok so the problem is this:
Before I had to reinstall my computer a bit more than 1 month ago, I was able to get my GameShark and Resident Evil 4 to work on my computer and able to play it even though I was using my entire harddrive for the C drive. Now that I have split my harddrive into 2 partitions (C & D drive), that now when I put in my GameShark disc, it will run and I can use the codes on it but when I put in my Resident Evil 4 game disc that after loading the start up screens going into the "Resident Evil 4" main screen before starting gameplay, it won't even budge and gets locked up. I thought this was a disc problem so I tried another game I own with cheat codes from my Gameshark and it does work. I do have all the correct cheat codes from "Gameshark.com" I had got years ago before the website shut down.
I had turned off all cheat codes except for one code and finally my Resident Evil 4 game would work.
It just really bugs me why I didn't have this problem before but now it's really bugging me and I would like some advice to try to get this problem resolved.

Sponsored links

it would be good to see the emulog. One can expect some TLB miss while the game hangs...
I don't see any TLB miss in the log myself but I have posted it in an attachement.

Also, if the Loading... doesn't get stuck, it gives me the screen saying "Game Over" (I won't post what the game actually says to follow the rules) and asks me "yes" or "no", so when I chose "yes" it goes back to "loading..." then it stops and repeats this same cycle.

Attached Files
.txt   Emulog - Resident Evil 4.txt (Size: 5,26 KB / Downloads: 301)
Quote:Bios Found: Europe v01.60(04/10/2001) Console
Bios Found: Japan v01.00(17/01/2000) Console
Bios Found: Europe v02.00(14/06/2004) Console
Bios Found: USA v02.00(14/06/2004) Console
Bios Found: USA v02.00(14/06/2004) Console
Bios Found: USA v02.20(10/02/2006) Console
Bios Found: Japan v01.00(17/01/2000) Console
Bios Found: Europe v01.60(04/10/2001) Console
Bios Found: Europe v01.60(04/10/2001) Console
Bios Found: USA v01.60(07/02/2002) Console

Piracy much? You just lost yer chance for support, but there's still a chance to redeem yourself. If you still legally own a PS2, rip your BIOS from it. Otherwise you will receive no further support according to the rules.
Unless you can prove you actually own 10 PS2s, i'll close this for piracy.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go