why so slow
why is a 30/40fps game seems to be in slow motion with this? i mean , when i play game on 30Fps on my pc just the framerate is low
on pcsx2 , the whole game slow, looks like in slowmotion, the speed itself is slow.....any setting to correct this?

Sponsored links

oh...! PlayStation2 Games is work in 60fps ,so... lower than 60fps will seems slow motion.
Intel Core i7 980X oc 4.2Ghz (200*21)
MSI N470GTX TwinFrozr II GoldenEdition oc Core 900 Mem 4200 Shader 1800
GSkill DDR3-2000 6-9-6-24 2G*6
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
try frame skipping
PC Specs: AMD FX 8350, 16GB RAM, GTX 780
Games beaten with PCSX2: Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, Persona 4
What i mean isnt that i want it full 60fps, i mean that why if the game is running at 30/40 it looks like slow motion, like some kind or "replay"
when i play PC game even at 20fps the framerate may sux but it doesnt mean the speed of the game is slow....just the framerate stutters !

Shadow of the colossus on the ps2 is like 20 and sometimes "rarely" 30fps.... with pcsx2 i have 30/40 fps and yet it looks like slow motion !
It's the fact that the game was built to run at 60fps and no other speed since the system is fixed. Thus not only are the graphics bhuilt to run at that spped but all the game code as well. So if it doesn't run at that speed it's going to look in slow motion.
Yeah, what dralor said.
We tie everything to our emulated timers. If your pc cannot render the frames fast enough, then the timers run slower than the real time.
This cannot be avoided or "fixed". It's an emulation necessity Tongue2
I think 60fps on pcsx2 like 30fps in pc. That why you will see slow motion at 40fps in pcsx2 xd.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(02-05-2009, 09:26 AM)dralor Wrote: It's the fact that the game was built to run at 60fps and no other speed since the system is fixed. Thus not only are the graphics bhuilt to run at that spped but all the game code as well. So if it doesn't run at that speed it's going to look in slow motion.
oh ok...i understand. It just doesnt bother me for ZOE 2, but why ico is slow motion when it was running like 20fps on ps2?
thanks
I'd assume it's based on the how the emulator is timed. I'm not sure if they have everything set so the games that ran 30fps run correctly at that speed or if they everything presently set to run at 60fps. Also 20fps is still 2/3rds of 30 so it will run at 66% speed even if timed correctly.
Yes, the timing is correct.
What we *can* do is make games that run sluggish on the ps2 run fast and nice on the emu (given a even more powerfull pc to run it).

For the interested people:
The sync hacks do exactly the opposite, if you run the game with the x2 hack, then you actually halve the emulated framerate Tongue2