wide screen + new gui
well i have compiled the latest svn for now (2553) and i found out it has no wide screen option. well i didnt look good? there isnt any? its cause its a beta? can i do something in the ini to put it on?
edit: ok i think i found the option in the ini file but why there isnt any in pcsx2?
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest

Sponsored links

"Config > App Settings > Aspect ratio"
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(02-03-2010, 03:40 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: "Config > App Settings > Aspect ratio"

oh.. sorry i must be blind (wasted your time :/ )
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Yeah you wasted my precious 2 minutes and I want them back!

No worries, it was moved a few weeks back but this is kinda why there's no support for the SVNs lots of stuff moving around :P
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
... and it might move again, yet. Tongue2

I'm not entirely happy with the options setup at this point, but I was put between a rock and a hard place: I had too many screens of options to fit in one Settings Window, so I had to make a separate window simply for screen real estate reasons. To try and maintain some semblance of order, I divided things by Core Emulation settings, and Application/UI settings ... It works, but it's not really the most convenient design I guess.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(02-03-2010, 04:50 PM)Air Wrote: ... and it might move again, yet. Tongue2

I'm not entirely happy with the options setup at this point, but I was put between a rock and a hard place: I had too many screens of options to fit in one Settings Window, so I had to make a separate window simply for screen real estate reasons. To try and maintain some semblance of order, I divided things by Core Emulation settings, and Application/UI settings ... It works, but it's not really the most convenient design I guess.

i will agree there Tongue i kinda liked it better seeing all these option in the GSdx plugin. also something realy annoying. if i put the resolution of window in 1920x1080 it auto changes to 1904 so the window decorations will fit perfect in the screen, but even if it was at 1920 (old gui talking now....) i could just put the window in the middle and it was like using all my1920 with windows being outside of my screen Wink (my monitor is 1920x1200).
i dont know if this helps other things, but if not i vote for the old thing Tongue (imagine u wanna play at maximum resolution but being able to see your taskbar also, thats what i do or try to do)
(02-03-2010, 05:02 PM)iakoboss7 Wrote: if i put the resolution of window in 1920x1080 it auto changes to 1904 so the window decorations will fit perfect in the screen, but even if it was at 1920 (old gui talking now....) i could just put the window in the middle and it was like using all my1920 with windows being outside of my screen Wink (my monitor is 1920x1200).

[...] (imagine u wanna play at maximum resolution but being able to see your taskbar also, thats what i do or try to do)

Ok, I'll check it out. It's certainly doable, I just have some sanity check code to limit the window size and I'll tweak it to be more forgiving. (I don't want to remove it entirely because corrupted ini's with screwy values could cause really bad behavior or crashes)
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Quote:Ok, I'll check it out. It's certainly doable, I just have some sanity check code to limit the window size and I'll tweak it to be more forgiving. (I don't want to remove it entirely because corrupted ini's with screwy values could cause really bad behavior or crashes)

thanks allot i appreciate it Smile