wiil a PS1 controler conected via USB work on pcsx2?
I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, please forgive me as I am new here. if this is the wrong place to post this please tell me so and give me a link to the correct place to post this, thank you!

Hi,
I want to buy a PS1 controller to usb connector for my computer only so I can play games on pcsx2 with a PS controller, you see I have a PS1 with 2 controllers and want to use them for playing the games I have on pcsx2.
I know many people said that it didn't work on windows 7 but I am willing to try, mostly because it will only cost me 2.06$ to buy the connector and also because I found many solutions to the problem on windows 7 with this connector.

but the main question is, can pcsx2 use a usb controller? if so, please also send me a link to guide me how to make the pcsx2 recognize my usb connected PS1 controller.

here is a picture so you can know what I am talking about:
[Image: kgrhqeokpye25eqko4kbnvj.jpg]

I know it says PS2 to usb but on the product description they say it also works on PS1 controllers so...

and of course you all know what an old PS1 controller looks like, so I will not bother to post an image of it...

Thank you to anyone how helps me!
Ofir

Sponsored links

Yes, you can use an adapter like that with a PS1 controller on pcsx2. (I use a ps1 controller myself.)

(I don't know of any guides for configuring one, but it is very straightforward.)
Any controller can and will work with pcsx2. It's just a matter of configuration, and that's pretty easy, just push the button on the screen and then the one on the gamepad.
sorry to revive an old thread and everything buttttt.....

I'm using the same adapter with an old Dual Shock one controller and I'm having a few issues, the main of which is that I can't use analog and the d-pad at the same time, it's got to either be one or the other. Which is unfortunate because a few games seem to rely on just that. Does anyone know of any way I can fix this?

I should clarify, it works with a PSX emulator just fine, but it's PS2 games that require both sticks and a D-pad and are giving me issues. So to clarify I'm trying to use a PSX controller with a PS2 emulator, there in lies the problem.
(07-06-2012, 10:28 PM)knightmawk Wrote: sorry to revive an old thread and everything buttttt...

oh well but i got bad news
i also haved this it won't work on win7 at all
only working on Win98,Win98SE,ME,2000,XP,Vista
DON'T buy that if you haved Win7.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(07-07-2012, 02:01 AM)tallbender Wrote: oh well but i got bad news
i also haved this it won't work on win7 at all
only working on Win98,Win98SE,ME,2000,XP,Vista
DON'T buy that if you haved Win7.

Do you mean the adapter? It works for Windows 7 just fine as long as your using it for PSX and not PS2, and I'm not yet convinced that the issue I have is with Windows 7.
yea the adaptor of mine is not working.
(07-07-2012, 03:01 AM)tallbender Wrote: yea the adaptor of mine is not working.

When you plug controllers into it does it have red LED lights on it? I read something when I bought it that said there were two models that look about the same, the working on that I have has the red LEDs, I bought it on Amazon for $0.01 plus shipping
^
^
^
it does'nt lit
I have that adapter and my DualShock 2 works beautifully on Windows 7 x64. Driver installation is required for vibration. I don't have the DualShock controller (PS1).

Remember to plug the controller to the right slot (I mean not left). Some PC games only accept that slot. For PCSX2, plug it to whatever slot you want.