will i run fighting games like street fighter etc.
hello i know you get this question a lot but i wanted to know if i can run fighting games or any good games for that matter with my laptop

intel core i5 520M it has 2.40 ghz,2 cores and 4 threads
intel gma hd
8 gb(thats enough)

so please tell me which good games i can run  Huh

Sponsored links

Tell us which ones you own as well as your exact CPU/GPU models
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
http://ark.intel.com/products/47341/Inte...e-2_40-GHz

Processor passmark single threaded score is 1,058 which is well below the recomemded 1,600

It actually is literally the intel GMA HD (the specific frequency for that processor is 500-766MHz) and is roughly on par with the Nvidia 9400M/ion integrated GPU that netbooks used to use

Odds are very little will run well. Your GPU pretty much requires the use of the directX backend since the OpenGL drivers/prformance of the intel GMA HD is horrendous. While not the GMA 900/3000/4500 series this is still one of the line of intel integrated graphics solutions that spawned the recomendation for years of use anything but intel graphics. It was not until really IVY bridge (hd4000)/ Haswell that intel's indegrated solutions could really handle heavier graphic workloads and not until skylake+ (hd 500 series) that intel integrated could be considered competitive to low end discrete graphics.
(08-05-2017, 01:02 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Tell us which ones you own as well as your exact CPU/GPU models

i can get anyone and also i told you my gpu and cpu models its intel gma hd and intel core i5 520M What do you need more
(08-05-2017, 11:07 AM)IsipTeaInYoHood Wrote: i can get anyone and also i told you my gpu and cpu models its intel gma hd and intel core i5 520M What do you need more

That's nice that you can get any game, but we need to know which ones you plan to play so we know what settings we can give you to run it at the best way for performance.

Fighting games in general tend to be quite demanding games, and with your CPU it's gonna be hard to run those (or any game for that matter).

You're going to have to play around with speedhacks (EE Cyclerate and VU Cycle Stealing), and at the same time try and keep stability in the game, because the aforementioned speedhacks can break games as well if set at max.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(08-05-2017, 11:28 AM)Ryudo Wrote: That's nice that you can get any game, but we need to know which ones you plan to play so we know what settings we can give you to run it at the best way for performance.

Fighting games in general tend to be quite demanding games, and with your CPU it's gonna be hard to run those (or any game for that matter).

You're going to have to play around with speedhacks (EE Cyclerate and VU Cycle Stealing), and at the same time try and keep stability in the game, because the aforementioned speedhacks can break games as well if set at max.

ok then well i kinda want mortal kombat deceptio and street fighter alpha anthology also dbz budokai tenkaichi 1
Looks I typed all that up and it didnt work.. so lets try this again.

I'm running a 620M.  Its the i7 counterpart to your i5.  Same generation and everything.  I have about 300 more stp than yours though due to a slightly faster clock.  

This chip in my laptop is NOT capable of running pcsx2 very well at all.  I can do final fantasy x OK, but still cannot really maintain full speed.. and that is one of the lightest weight games you're going to encounter on pcsx2.

IF your laptop has an external video card, you might be able to upgrade your process or (the 1st gen arrendales like the 520 were socketed chips and upgradeable).  IF your laptop has a discreet card, you very well could drop in a quad core and be able to play the least demanding games.. BUT with even the fastest dual core procs in that generation (640m), I wouldnt hold my breath for playing much at all full speed with the integrated graphics.  Playstation1 games are a different story, but ps2.. I dont see it happening.

best of luck man
scythe
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case