will pcsx2 be available for directx 12 graphics card
(01-20-2018, 01:15 AM)El Diablo Wrote: bro, you dont need a cpu with single thread rating off 1600 or anything close to that to fully emulate most games at 60fps
i run emulation at 4k or sometimes 4x resolution and i run the games fine most the time
if u are doing hardware emulation then its cool
if u are doing software emulation then thats a different story
my cpu is around 900 i think (phenom 2 955 overclocked to 4ghz) but a phenom 980 (3.7ghz) is around 1200 and my pc is FIIINE

That information is totally incorrect. Every game has it's own set of requirements and configurations. There's really no "one size fits all" CPU and GPU combo.

Sponsored links

Despite the PS2's GS module being weird compared to modern GPUs and even the Gamecube, PCSX2's GSdx plugin does very well with handling GPU work. And, your GPU is up there in the ratings on PassMark. Not the cream of the crop, but respectable and easily capable of running PCSX2.

https://i.imgur.com/zV4Z15L.png

That little GTX 860m is what I used to play Ratchet and Clank on, and at a 4x upscale it had no GPU bottlenecking. Compare it's rating to your GPU, I think it's fair to say that's a non issue, unless you're running crazy high settings. In which case, just don't do that. But, a general recommendation, if you're using the 1.5.0 development builds, then use the OpenGL renderer. A lot of work has been done on it and it outshines DX11 in terms of accuracy in most cases.

If you're getting slowdowns in games, it helps to know what games and if the EE/GS/VU percentages on the PCSX2 window frame are maxing out. Is there a game in particular that slows down?
Necro thread from july last year. The OP hasn't been back since... Tongue2

DX12 is not the future. It only supports one version of one OS(Windows 10), and only for a limited number of GPUs. The only true advantage of DX12 over DX11 for PCSX2 is that it fully supports blending like OGL. But so does Vulkan and that is much more portable.
(01-20-2018, 01:31 AM)CK1 Wrote: That information is totally incorrect. Every game has it's own set of requirements and configurations. There's really no "one size fits all" CPU and GPU combo.

exactly
so why are people here saying u need a single core score off 1600+

multicore? yeah thats more in the ballpark but even then stuff like avx2 and sse4.1 changes everything so u cant just use a passmark score
(01-20-2018, 03:02 AM)El Diablo Wrote: exactly

multicore? yeah thats more in the ballpark but even then stuff like avx2 and sse4.1 changes everything so u cant just use a passmark score
If you want to play the majority of PS2 games at full speed with the software renderer or with good upscaling you really need a score of over 1600+.

AVX/SSE4 doesnt really matter.
(01-20-2018, 03:02 AM)El Diablo Wrote: exactly

Multicore matters very little for PCSX2 since it does most of it's heavy work on one thread and the MTVU (multi threaded VU) helps out.  SSE4.1\AVX just offer optimized code that allow for some things to be done with less instructions needing to be used.  (So yes they offer a speed up, but generally newer processors have higher base performance anyways)

That being said why do people recomend a score of 1600+ on passmark (and 2000+ for really high demanding games)
Well....
Passmark because it is just a way to fompare processor's relative strength and honestly a lot of different ones exist, but this one scales well with the performance we see in PCSX2 and short of doing a benchmark like Dolphin does this just is a quick and dirty way of giving someone a relative estimate of how their CPU performance will be.

The 1600+(or 2000+)  is roughly a 90/90 metric.  90ish% of the games that PCSX2 can run will run at 90ish% of full speed (or better) if the general trends of reported performance remain true.

Do you have to have this score to run any game.... no.  It depends on the game.  But short of having to figure out the exact requirements for every game on every recent version of PCSX2 so we can answer the universal "Can my X system run X?"  This is a reasonable generalization.  Can you run all sorts of configuration changes and make less powerful hardware run more games.... yes, but you lose stability and other issues are more likely to come up or be worse then if you just have default settings and more CPU\GPU horsepower.  Basically I only recomend changing settings (besides visual enhancements) if the game requires it to work, or if your traveling and you have X prerformance in a laptop (you can't or don't want to bring your PS2) and you absolutely have to play PS2 games.
(01-20-2018, 03:24 AM)TkSilver Wrote: Multicore matters very little for PCSX2 since it does most of it's heavy work on one thread and the MTVU (multi threaded VU) helps out.  SSE4.1\AVX just offer optimized code that allow for some things to be done with less instructions needing to be used.  (So yes they offer a speed up, but generally newer processors have higher base performance anyways)

That being said why do people recomend a score of 1600+ on passmark (and 2000+ for really high demanding games)
Well....
Passmark because it is just a way to fompare processor's relative strength and honestly a lot of different ones exist, but this one scales well with the performance we see in PCSX2 and short of doing a benchmark like Dolphin does this just is a quick and dirty way of giving someone a relative estimate of how their CPU performance will be.

The 1600+(or 2000+)  is roughly a 90/90 metric.  90ish% of the games that PCSX2 can run will run at 90ish% of full speed (or better) if the general trends of reported performance remain true.

Do you have to have this score to run any game.... no.  It depends on the game.  But short of having to figure out the exact requirements for every game on every recent version of PCSX2 so we can answer the universal "Can my X system run X?"  This is a reasonable generalization.  Can you run all sorts of configuration changes and make less powerful hardware run more games.... yes, but you lose stability and other issues are more likely to come up or be worse then if you just have default settings and more CPU\GPU horsepower.  Basically I only recomend changing settings (besides visual enhancements) if the game requires it to work, or if your traveling and you have X prerformance in a laptop (you can't or don't want to bring your PS2) and you absolutely have to play PS2 games.

realy? i have allways seen equal load amongst cores 
[Image: 9uQn8ga.jpg]
Thats why how windows shows cpu usage. To egzaggerate, in extreme situations, you can see 100% of one core real usage as average 25% on 4 cores.
(01-23-2018, 12:50 AM)sirdaniel Wrote: Thats why how windows shows cpu usage. To egzaggerate, in extreme situations, you can see 100% of one core real usage as average 25% on 4 cores.

Ohh i get what u mean.. i see now
Yeah windows cant show your cpu speed changing 50+million times a second.. so even though it shows its scaling across multiple cores... in reality its mostly single threaded and changin from core to core so fast u cant even see
guys, could you please show me the list of supported gpus that support vulkan.