will the team keep making the emulator more efficient
(12-01-2013, 07:07 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I notice that a lot of times you will try to keep people in line by telling them not to necropost, reporting piracy, etc. I do that too. I try not to cross the line though, since I know I'm not a mod and they don't like you acting like you are a mod when you aren't lol

Just a little FYI: When you are telling people stuff like not to necropost or whatever, they will respond a lot better if you say "please" Like you say this:

"Don't dig up old threads"

and it would be better to be like

"Please don't post in threads that are really old, make your own topic instead"

or something. I'm not trying to be picky or anything, I just noticed that you come across as almost rude when you are telling people stuff.

Yeah, jesalvein is like a crazy good mod. He is so quick on the draw when we have pirates or spam or whatever. Very effective. But he also participates in regular conversations too. And provides support as well.

IOne minute he isn't online then boom thread closed and I'm wondering what just happened. So yeah, he is probably the best mod ever.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

(12-01-2013, 07:25 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: IOne minute he isn't online then boom thread closed and I'm wondering what just happened. So yeah, he is probably the best mod ever.

Well see, he has his online status set to hidden. See down at the bottom of the main forum page, it says this right now:

"342 users active in the past 15 minutes (11 members, 1 of whom is invisible, and 329 guests)."

I imagine that 1 invisible one is jesalvein, just waiting to pounce lol.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Yeah I keep forgetting that he probably has his profile hidden.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
You know, I honestly have no problem with the pace at which they are improving this thing. Would I want higher compatibility with some of the lesser known games? Sure!

I would just like them to go at their own pace so that nothing gets overlooked.

I mean heck, for years, I wasn't able to play Run Like Hell, mainly because all of the male character models spasmed. But, thanks to Sudon1m, that got fixed. Not to mention, he also figured out how to fix the Ace Combats recently.
The biggest concern regarding speed and accuracy is the GS plugin.
In some ways this is harder to do than the emulator itself because it needs
to combine correct emulation with performance and because the GS is built the
way it is, the 2 are almost mutually exclusive Tongue2

I also want to address the AMD vs Intel focus:
We don't focus on a CPU maker but on the instruction set it provides.
If we get a new SSE instruction that takes less cycles to compute a result, we use it.
Intel just happens to introduce these first and AMD picks them up later (at which point
PCSX2 uses them just fine.)
That is all the optimization we do that only works on one design (at first). The speed
difference comes from Intel having fast SSE units, particularly the "denormal = zero"
SSE setting is (used to be?) much faster on Intel.