windowed resolution
i'm using pcsx2 version 0.9.6 and the GSdx 0.1.14 graphics plugin. i was wondering if there was a way to pre-set the windowed resolution.

i'm playing with the rendered res set to 1280x720, and find that resolution windowed to give the best performance for me, but i have to manually re-size the window each time.

Sponsored links

Try alt+enter to enter the full screen mode and vice versa. If no you also can press the (restore button) at top Right this will not affect the speed.
HappyTongueCSX2:Happy
alt+enter to fullscreen causes the game to feel chuggy (that's really the only way i can describe it). it's pal so i assume thats teh 50hz to 60hz conversion (?).

maximizing the window to allow the restore button causes it to restore to the square window that it opens in automatically.

short of fullscreening is there no other way to quickly jump to window sizes?
(05-19-2009, 02:55 PM)jing0 Wrote: i'm using pcsx2 version 0.9.6 and the GSdx 0.1.14 graphics plugin. i was wondering if there was a way to pre-set the windowed resolution.

i'm playing with the rendered res set to 1280x720, and find that resolution windowed to give the best performance for me, but i have to manually re-size the window each time.

so, you're trying to say that there is a noticable difference for you between different window sizes? cause usually only the internal 3d resolution matters and all images in the output window are up/downscaled from your 1280x720. for me the emulation speed in windowed mode is virtually identical no matter the size of the output window, the configuration window of the zerogs plugin even states: "default window sizes (no speed impact)".
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
there is no difference between window sizes as long as they remain windows. i can run at my desktop native 1680x1050 with no real impact to performance

the moment its a fullscreen though (so after pressing alt+enter) the games feel slower, looks juddery and generally 'chugs along'. keeping a window, regardless of size (but i find 720p a managable window to use) gives a solid full speed 50fps.

by 'best performance' i simply meant that i'm able to multi task with other windows in the background effectively at 720p with no slowdown, but not at higher resolutions.
Sounds like Windows Aero not disabling itself when you go to fullscreen. Try disabling it manually and check if full screen has the same problem still
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(05-19-2009, 03:14 PM)jing0 Wrote: alt+enter to fullscreen causes the game to feel chuggy (that's really the only way i can describe it). it's pal so i assume thats teh 50hz to 60hz conversion (?).

no, that's not likely, I have PAL games too. try disabling Aero, if it doesn't help there are a few other things you can try, first thing I'd do is a disc check (not defrag) and see if that helps any