windows 2008 and 4 gb ram
I'm using Windows 2008 32 bit (only server versions of 32 bit Windows can support 4 GB of ram) and I can't run VM version (Memory allocation failed). My guess is that pcsx2 VM addresses are already occupied in 4GB mode. Can I fix that? Perhaps it's possible to specify address range via command line or compile sources manually?

Sponsored links

Use TLB version
(01-27-2009, 01:52 AM)bigmehdi Wrote: Use TLB version
That's the easy answer. Aren't it slower? What, at least in theory, one should do to make 32 bit VM version work with 4 gb ram?
Try clean system windows with program cleaner, try to disable background programs such anti virus etc, make sure your windows pagefile around 4giga or set to 4095mb, set at system properties to optimize program not to background prosess. If not doesnt work please change your OS server to Vista ultimate 32/64 Sp.1. I suggest you to play your game with PCSX2 playground. If not work just stick with TLB/VTLB (playground). If doesnt work either, you out of luck.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Or just start the vm version when Windows just booted, before anything else starts (such as an antivirus and stuff). That, at least with Vista, let's me use the VM version.
And one advice since i forgot to tell you, make sure in Motherboard BIOS to disable shadow bios caches and video shadow caches if any.
And one advice since i forgot to tell you, make sure in Motherboard BIOS to disable shadow bios caches and video shadow caches if any.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(01-26-2009, 10:29 PM)Ignatich Wrote: (only server versions of 32 bit Windows can support 4 GB of ram)

what? i think you mean 64 bit
Well 32 bit windows can support 8 GB of RAM and more. It worked perfectly up to XP SP1, but since XP SP2 and later releases microsoft decided that desktop users do not need much memory and disabled proper PAE support in all windows versions except enterprise server. It's stupid, but it forces ppl to buy more expensive editions or move to 64 bit windows which also helps them to make a little more money since vista 64 and later require all drivers to be signed by MS (so even open source devs have to pay 'em).

Anyway thanks for advice, I managed to run pcsx2 vm right after boot, but it required restarting several times. Hope newer versions will be able to find free region automatically (if that does not harm performance much of course).