wont let me uninstall
i dont know if this would be considered a bug or what but i'm new here so gimme a break. my computer has been freaking out and wont play dvds or regular pc games since i put on espxe and pcsx2 so i wanted to take of pcsx2 to see if that was the problem but it wont let me uninstall it. how do you get rid of it?? oh and i tried the regular add/remove program thing but it told me there was an error

Sponsored links

I had already posted in the other thread, but for a summary, look in the attachments.

Edit: I noticed that the uninstaller has a description that says "Installs PCSX2", hah.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
mine's in a different spot but i clicked on the uninstall thing and it still comes up with C:/program files/pcsx2 0.9.8/uninst-pcsx2-r4600.dat not found, unable to perform uninstall
Well, I would upload the one I found in my folder, but I don't know if uploading .dat files are allowed.

You could just try deleting the whole folder out of your program files and then running CCleaner. That should get rid of everything.

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
how do i do that? sorry, i dont know a whole lot about computers. oh and i have vista
Just delete the actual folder that PCSX2 is in, and run CCleaner's registry cleaner.

You can find CCleaner at: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

This should basically clear the whole program from your system.

Although, with playing PC games - I doubt that is PCSX2. Are you sure that is not a virus?

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
ok cuz when i went to delete it all it said was that i'm deleting the shortcut and not uninstalling it. and i just scanned for viruses. i had 1 infected file and deleted it but it still wont let me play pc games or anything. i was told on a different site that its probably not the emulators but i dont know what else it could be because i've never had that problem before
Have you tried restarting the PC and/or making a system restore to an earlier point before you started having the problem?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64