[workaround]Xenosaga I blank cutscene [spoilers?]
I just got to the part where Shion lays down before the Gnosis come knocking down the down. There is a cut scene with Nephilem (little girl that looks kind of like Shion) in a field or somethin. I can't really tell because I only saw a glimpse when I start+T'ed to skip the otherwise blank cut-scene.

I tried removing everything that could possibly cause problems (cheats, hacks, switch to software render), but I can't get it to show.

The nuisance with the savepoint is pretty bad if it continued through the game, but apparently it doesn't. This game is pretty much cut scene after cut scene. I can'[t miss those.
i7 4930k @4.3, 4x4 GB RAM @2133 (15-15-15-27, quad channel), EVGA 570 @stock, Arch 64b.

Sponsored links

That cutscene isn't blank;p it has just glitched effect which ends up as a black box covering the screen. As far as I remember higher res made that black box smaller(to be exact that glitchy box is the only thing not being upscaled;p) hence at x5-x6 it was just a small box in upper left of the screen, somebody also wrote a post with some workaround for it by abusing savestates and being lucky, but it's not really worth, that glitch only affects Shion's dream, it for sure can be found on youtube if you're playing first time and never saw it yet.
(06-02-2013, 03:59 AM)miseru99 Wrote: That cutscene isn't blank;p it has just glitched effect which ends up as a black box covering the screen. As far as I remember higher res made that black box smaller(to be exact that glitchy box is the only thing not being upscaled;p) hence at x5-x6 it was just a small box in upper left of the screen, somebody also wrote a post with some workaround for it by abusing savestates and being lucky, but it's not really worth, that glitch only affects Shion's dream, it for sure can be found on youtube if you're playing first time and never saw it yet.

I've played this game before, but its been 9 years. I'm playing this instead of taking another shot at forcing myself to finish Final Fantasy XIII.

Yeah, its strange that I had that problem. I'm rendering the game at 1920*1200, it shouldn't have covered the whole screen, but setting it to 6x is a decent work around. Thanks.

[edit] Apparently this is a problemwith duel-layered discs according this this thread. The solution involves something called a "Toxic Patcher". I don't know. I'll try it tomorrow.
i7 4930k @4.3, 4x4 GB RAM @2133 (15-15-15-27, quad channel), EVGA 570 @stock, Arch 64b.
that "toxic patcher" allows you to split your dual layered DVDs on several DVD5.
I you use this technique to make your game run under pcsx2, this won't bring you anything more than problems.
simply dump an iso your your DVD-DL with imgburn to get a proper dump, and it'll be fine.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-02-2013, 07:39 AM)jesalvein Wrote: that "toxic patcher" allows you to split your dual layered DVDs on several DVD5.
I you use this technique to make your game run under pcsx2, this won't bring you anything more than problems.
simply dump an iso your your DVD-DL with imgburn to get a proper dump, and it'll be fine.

So i'm guessing that Toxic Patcher is useless in all cases?
emulation wise, it is.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go