x2-x6 native resolution comparison
I know it creates an AA effect but I just mean your not actually seeing anymore pixels than at 4x.

If you want AA then just use MSAA or FXAA imo.
<REDACTED>

Sponsored links

The difference on x4 to x6 depends of the game, the screen and the eyes of the player.
There are games like VP Silmeria , or the devil summoner saga where it is really noticeable.
And there are games like tales of abyss where u hardly can see any improvement, but is there, the downsampling is a well know AA technique and it works pretty ok.
Sometimes increasing native res just made 2D games look worser...
(07-22-2012, 02:33 AM)Archerko Wrote: Sometimes increasing native res just made 2D games look worser...

U mean games like ar tonelico?, it is a GSDX texture filter bug, and is not related to the resolution.
Is this what you called GSdx texture filter bug? Sorry I don't know much about these stuff...

Native

[Image: gsdx_20120722090207.jpg]

3X Native

[Image: gsdx_20120722090231.jpg]

When I increase the res, those lines appeared and the textures didn't look smooth... Wacko
yeap, there is a hacked GSDX for that KrossX make a time ago,
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Some-kind...a-Khemia-2 here is the post, all the info is here xD

Archerko: edited this post to make it smaller Wink
Nice, thanks for the link and info given.

+1
i find also this

http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/br...cpp?r=5309

Quote:GSDX: Do not interpret TEXA while filling
the gsdx internal temporary CLUT buffer
used in texture creation and updating (I
didn't realise this was happening and it's
incompatible with my approach). Probably
generally fixes stuff in combination with
the other changes in palette handling, at
the very least I know it fixes lines in
sprites in Ar Tonelico 2 (currently needs
the "sprite hack"), a bug which I spent a
long time trying to fix after it was
pointed out to me before.
hello
I'd liket to know if i need a powerful video card (gtx 970,980 ) or powerfull gpu ( 3.5, 4 gigas ) to run pcsx2 x6 native resolution ?

thanks
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go