xbox 360 controller Vibration in FFX
(03-21-2014, 08:49 AM)jesalvein Wrote: by comparing when i play on my PS2

No, seriously?

Sponsored links

(03-22-2014, 04:52 AM)vni Wrote: No, seriously?
yes. give a try with yours, you'll see.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
It'll help if someone that know the values/ involved w/ the development of the actual PS2 controller vibration can tell me the values to make the Xbox 360 controller vibration exactly the same as the PS2 controller.
So, you're on a quest to reach a sort of "pixel perfect accuracy" but for rumble? Or do you actually have a problem with how rumble works?

As for information, the small motor has only two states (on/off) and the big motor variates with an 8bit value. The motor delay makes it that low values for the big motor won't even make it move, same for very short pulses.

For x360 controllers I made a custom curve based on the intro effect of Chrono Cross. I dunno if it's closer to what a DualShock does, but it certainly felt better.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
(03-25-2014, 10:38 AM)KrossX Wrote: So, you're on a quest to reach a sort of "pixel perfect accuracy" but for rumble? Or do you actually have a problem with how rumble works?

As for information, the small motor has only two states (on/off) and the big motor variates with an 8bit value. The motor delay makes it that low values for the big motor won't even make it move, same for very short pulses.

For x360 controllers I made a custom curve based on the intro effect of Chrono Cross. I dunno if it's closer to what a DualShock does, but it certainly felt better.

Do you know what are the Axis 1 and 2 for in Big and Small Motors respectively?
I use a xbox 360 controller and works perfectly with aeons or without aeons like the original game
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4 Ghz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H75
MoBo: MSI Z97S SLI KRAIT  
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 290X
RAM: Corsair 16 GB 1600 Mhz

Desktop
[Image: 1086677.png]

Laptop
[Image: 872520.png]
(03-31-2014, 08:44 AM)vni Wrote: Do you know what are the Axis 1 and 2 for in Big and Small Motors respectively?

Make sure to use XInput, then just binding the small and big motors should be enough as default values set them automatically.

You may also want to try the pokopom plugin and forget about settings. It has the rumble curve I mentioned.
(03-31-2014, 01:31 PM)KrossX Wrote: Make sure to use XInput, then just binding the small and big motors should be enough as default values set them automatically.

You may also want to try the pokopom plugin and forget about settings. It has the rumble curve I mentioned.

Yes, but do you know what is Axis 1 & Axis 2?
Force Feedback effects depend on axes that the device will expose with its driver. Think of the complicated vibrations of a good wheel controller (pedals, wheel, gear).

LilyPad needs to emulate the small and big rumble motors. Rumble effects have no axes so there's no direct way reproduce it. Worse, how effects work and how axes are interpreted depend on the device's force feedback driver. Thus, the plugin exposes axis selection and effect selection to fiddle with them and test until you get the big and small motor feeling.

Now forget all that. XInput only works with rumble effect so you can manually set the left and right motors intensity. Since it can be directly set like the DualShock does, the axes value simply set the intensity of the effect. Axis1 and Axis2 are then left and right motor respectively... (or was it backwards, I don't remember), just use the test button. The big motor should make the big motor rumble (left), and the small motor should make the small motor rumble (right).

Anyhow, XInput and default values are what you should use.

PS: Just messing with the sliders and using the test button should've also let you know what axis1 and axis2 represent.

What a weird thread...