xenosaga eps1 problem
That was always broken;p - I mean the blackscreen, since savepoint problem was already explained, not sure if anyone ever tried, but as of now apparently nobody was able to fix it. Typically software broken means pcsx2 error, but this looking at workaround feels like GSdx doesn't know how to deal with it at all;p.

There are like two known workarounds for it:
- one which involves abusing savestates and having luck ~ saving around the time the cutscene should start, then restarting and loading or something ~ not remember since I only like tested that once and was like "lol" that it actualy worked, there should be some old thread explaining it better if you search a bit:],
- the other simply using high upscalling. Basically the screen doesn't just "go black", it get's some texture or effect broken and what's suprising that broken thing doesn't upscale at all, so in like x5/x6 it's very small rectangle in one of the screen corners.

You could always just skip it;p, if that's your first time playing you probably can find the movie on youtube or similar site, it's not long not so crucial anyway and the glitch doesn't happen with normal cutscenes.

Sponsored links

its true that that cutscene is not really crucial but what if the black screen appear again in another, more crucial cutscene Tongue2 and of course i don't plan to play game while watching youtube
btw
so the way to fix the black screen problem is by using software mode right? so how to do it?

and regarding save game, i heard that there is a bonus when you play eps 2 if you have eps 1 cleared save game, is there a way to get this cleared save game ?
F9 is the forced switch to software mode and f9 again goes back hw mode, if this dont fix is something inthe svn must of broke for the game

Cause I use DX11 3x native with skipdraw 1 to fix the lines by shadows and only problems i ever had when i play the game is the random slow down and any Cut scene that invovles sion and that lil girl never show right I always had to switch from hw to sw threw f9 to fix it and or get it so show right

If i get motivated I will test the newer svn with the one I have now to see if those cut scene are indeed some how broke now even software mode, but I really dont feel like starting the game again just to test that

LAst time I played the game and those cut scene with lil girl and sion work find in software mode I had to hit f9 for those scenes then f9 again to switch back to hw mode when they where done on (5695) svn build could give that build go one of the new ones, but I noticed your using 1.0 build which i know those cut scene with the sion and lil girl work fine on that build in after hiting f9
I haven't played through Xenosaga Ep 1 since revision 51xx. That scene was busted for me as well. It is best to skip it. That was the only scene that gave me issues. Besides the typical slowdowns because of how the game is coded. Do not use speed hacks with this game considering it just makes it worse, much much worse.
The last save before the final boss does work along with the end game save screen. So you can still get the swimsuit extras for Xenosaga Ep 2.
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10