yet another FFX freeze problem
I did have a pnach file at one point activated but I deleted the pnach and turned off the "enable cheats" hoping that would help. It did not. I also would load directly from the memory card and not the save state. Again, no luck.

Sponsored links

If it stays on memory card it's obviously something that should/would get changed normally, just probably much later in the game. Then your best hope lies in guessing which cheat resulted in that freeze and reverting the faulty one. You can use FFX save editor or a memory editing program to revert back some codes.
Right.
Since this is a game breaking freeze pretty early on in the storyline
and since this is the popular NTSC US version, we'd probably have some other reports of this by now.
Therefore it's save to assume that your earlier cheating breaks something in this scripted event.
Thank you for your help in this matter. I will just start over I guess, since it is still early in the game, since even without cheats on the game still "breaks."
Greeting. As an update, instead of using a pnach file, I am only using the FFXED save editor, which is working perfectly. I did restart my file from scratch with no cheats enabled, no pnach file. I did (when I had just arrived in Luca) have a crash where the GS plugins would not load and I would get the blue screen of death in Windows 7. I looked on other threads for possible advice and decided to use the binaries version installed on my desktop and just move my memory card file over before uninstalling the full version. I also made sure my DirectX was up-to-date. At the freeze point with the battles with the machina, the game worked just fine. I don't know if it was due to not using a pnach file or whether it was due to using the binaries, but in either case, all is working well. Thank you all for this excellent emulator.