..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FPS issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive read the configuration guide and im not 100% sure ive configured it right, ill explain step by step what i do and the results,

Alright i have 2 games i mainly want to play, thats mortal kombat armageddon., and tekken 5, i mount either via Daemon tools as they are both ISO files, so far so good, whenever i start one the output says the frames are limited to 50 frames per sec or so, it all runs fine with intro videos and so on, but as soon as i for example is to select a character in mortal kombat it drops from 50fps down to about 30, but it runs slower than 30, feels as if its running at about 10 and the sound is really slowly emulated, both discs are NTSC discs i believe, i know mortal kombat is,

Is this an issue related to the cpu or have i maybe configured it wrong? if so post a reply on how im to configure it for the best possible emulation to make it run atlest abit smoothly,

Details about the computer.

AMD Athlon 64 x-2 dual core processor 6000+ MMX, 3dNOW, (2CPU´s)
ATI Radeon HD 4850 1024MB

3328MB RAM

Post if you need more info, i believe those 3 maybe the only interesting ones
i run on Windows Media Center Edition
better use linuziso instead of mounting them into daemon tools.
Can you post your gsdx config ?

oh, and by the way :
Quote:both discs are NTSC discs i believe

If you're wondering about compatibility, have a look at the box
it should be written on it Wink
(09-11-2009, 09:27 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]better use linuziso instead of mounting them into daemon tools.
Can you post your gsdx config ?

oh, and by the way :
Quote:both discs are NTSC discs i believe

If you're wondering about compatibility, have a look at the box
it should be written on it Wink

Gotcha here it goes

GSdx 890 SSE2
Resolution :Windowed (can change to fullscreen but problem presists)
RenderLaughirect3D9 (hardware)
Shader: PixelShader 3.0
Interlacing:None
Apect Ratio: 4:3
D3D Internal Rez: set to 512x512 now, original was set to 1024*1024. tried both native and do some magic changing with it but it presists there aswell, even with the worst possible graphics.
SW Rend Threads:Grayed out at 1

X=Not checked
V=Checked

NLoop hack:V
Texture filtering:V
Wait Sync:X
Enable TV out:X
Logarithmic z:X
Alpha Correction (FBA):V

hope thats the information needed
should update pcsx2 & gsdx to latest beta
(09-11-2009, 10:31 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]should update pcsx2 & gsdx to latest beta

believe it is the lates, the PCSX 0.9.6 is what i run now
(09-11-2009, 10:42 PM)Kraza Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2009, 10:31 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]should update pcsx2 & gsdx to latest beta

have a look there and there
(09-11-2009, 10:51 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2009, 10:42 PM)Kraza Wrote: [ -> ]

have a look there and there

Cant seem to get the CDROM to worn within the program so that i can select where i got it mounted, only got CDVDNUll and Linuz iso., and Linuz cant detect the ISO at all, it can load it but not after for some reason
unmount the iso from DT or whichever virtual drive you're using.

linuz iso will let you choose the iso you want to run.
Your main problem is that both of those games are known games that are hard to emulate. Tekken 5 can be helped by turning VU Cycle Steal on high in the speed hacks menu... Not sure if that will at all help for Mortal Kombat.
Wont help mortal kombat at least as far as I tested, and in Tekken 5 you get the speed boost but the game will look a lot less smoother althou full speed.