..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Possible to use memcards from older builds on the 1736 beta?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was trying to copy over my memory card files from the 1474 beta over to the 1736 beta, and when I did that, I wasn't prompted to overwrite the memory cards that had already been formatted in the 1736 memcard folder. I thought that the memory cards might have been worded differently or something, but when I was checking the spelling of the memory cards, I saw that the memory card format for the 1474 memory cards and the 1736 memory cards were different.

The 1474 one was...

[Image: 1474.jpg]

The 1736 one was...

[Image: 1736.jpg]

The difference between them is that the 1474 one is considered a "PS2 File", and the 1736 one is just considered a "File". The difference in formats also prevents me from carrying over the data from the 1474 beta to the 1736 beta. Is there a way to make it so that the 1736 beta can use memory cards from older versions of PCSX2?
Why don't you just config your pcsx2 to read the older memcard? Go to config->memcards and select the one you want.

I know I've been using the same memcard since 0.9.4.
(09-12-2009, 11:49 PM)otheranomylous Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you just config your pcsx2 to read the older memcard? Go to config->memcards and select the one you want.

I know I've been using the same memcard since 0.9.4.

Oh, didn't know you could do that. Got it to work now, thanks.