..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Very wierd problem with Rogue Galaxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'll try my best to explain it. Basically in game, if I meet a monster that requires power break to damage (normal hits don't damage it, you have to hold x and power break them), if I don't break one soon enough, PCsx2 just stops working, no error messages whatsoever in the console window. Only monsters that you need power break to damage them, every other monsters if you can damage them using normal hits, Pcsx2 will work. I tried turning on gamefixes on and off, speedhacks on and off, but it seems to just apply to that type of monsters. Anyone have any idea?
I had the same Problem, The only change I made was to set the D3D Internal res: to 1020 1020 and then everything worked again.

Not sure why.

(09-13-2009, 07:02 AM)iamthebest22 Wrote: [ -> ]I'll try my best to explain it. Basically in game, if I meet a monster that requires power break to damage (normal hits don't damage it, you have to hold x and power break them), if I don't break one soon enough, PCsx2 just stops working, no error messages whatsoever in the console window. Only monsters that you need power break to damage them, every other monsters if you can damage them using normal hits, Pcsx2 will work. I tried turning on gamefixes on and off, speedhacks on and off, but it seems to just apply to that type of monsters. Anyone have any idea?
I did what you said, and it almost worked, i was able to kill 3 of the armored monsters, and one was left, instead of before when it would crash right at the beginning, but pcsx2 stopped working again.
The rest of my settings are:

GSDX
Resolution: 1280x960 60Hz
Renderer: Direct3D 10 Hardware
Interlacing: Blend bff
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
D3D Internal Res: 1020 1020

CPU
Checked - EERec, VU0rec, VU1rec, Multi Threaded

Frame Limiting: Limit (Selected)
Custom FPS Limit: 60

Speed Hacks
Use x 1.5 Cycle Rate
EmotionEngine Misc Hack: all 3 checked

Hope this helps.

(09-14-2009, 03:54 AM)iamthebest22 Wrote: [ -> ]I did what you said, and it almost worked, i was able to kill 3 of the armored monsters, and one was left, instead of before when it would crash right at the beginning, but pcsx2 stopped working again.
thanks man it worked, appreciate it!
I am experiencing the same problem with the latest beta. No speed hacks, all settings default, GSDX DX10 Hardware. Is there a way to resolve this?
Did you try the method listed above?

Also what exactly does it mean "stop working" does it crash? Are things still happening on screen but you can't get any commands? (IE they are still moving, but you can't tell them to fight or anything)
Yes, I tried it. Makes no difference. Also tried various clamp settings.

Crash means, that PCSX2 crashes.
I have also tried the 1020 1020 thing to no avail. Pcsx2 crashes upon entering the first battle against armored targets. By crash i mean error report crash.
Anyone got any other ideas for a fix?
Pages: 1 2