..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFX & FF12 slow downs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
specs
amd 9150e 1.8GHz "x4" Quad.
4094 ddr3 ram
geforce gtx 260 896 mb
vista home premium 64

Whenever I have one or 2 character or enemy monster models on the screen it runs at 100% or more (fixied with limiting)
However any any time I have 2 or more displayed it drops to 60% and about 30 fps which is just unplayable, can't even understand most of the voices and walking around is too jumpy.
I tried a bunch of different settings but perhaps I'm not doing the right one.

P.S. I had the exact same results when I had nothing but a 3200HD Raedeon (intergrated into my mother board) And the 260 is exact same fps why? (Except when 2 characters or less now, before it was 100% of the time)

PCSX2 settings atm:
Gsdx 1476 - sse2 / d3d hardware / native res
x2 speed up, all other speed ups checked, vu cycle in the middle
CPU - Limited, If I do frame skip it removes the characters from the damn screen every time in a blinking fashion, so that isn't usable for me either ; ;
your cpu is obviously the bottleneck here.

If possible, try to overclock.
That cpu is too slow and that can happen even with the best speedhacks and config, you might want to overclock it a bit or change it.
I have

Core2Duo 1.8Ghz
1gb DDR2
7800GTX

turn on all speedhack with 2x cycle. Close most other programs and got stable 40-50fps, unless FMV which drops to ~30

Try to increase CPU priority too?
Phenom I 1.8ghz is much slower than c2d 1.8ghz ( its just a little bit faster than athlons ), its imposible to get good fps with that CPU no matter what.
but he had Quad? "amd 9150e 1.8GHz "x4" Quad."

Is this a real CPU then? I had doubts aabout having 4 cores but at speed of 1.8 only, but then i havent updated lately on these things
PCSX2 uses only 2 cores, and still 4 cores 1.8GHz it's still not that good for most apps even for those that take advantage of the 4 cores really...
so technically if pcsx2 supported 4 cores i would be fine then?
This is kind of silly question and I doubt it but is there any software that can trick up the cpu into combining cores so 2 act like 1 then i could do x2 at 3.6ghz ? lol
lol no unreal

4 cores @ 1.8 GHZ does not meen 7.2GHZ

it meens 4 threads can be ran @ 1.8GHZ
i see,
but if pcsx2 supported 4 then couldnt certain process's be split up into 4 instead of 2 threads therefor not requiring the current ammount of demand on each thread?
Pages: 1 2