..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFX problem (right one)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Wow! I got better FPS on my ancient Athlon 64 3000+.

That's definitely a bug on your end although probbably not your fault.
Not my problem only

Most of people who are running FFX slowly are in my case, with same settings as me.

Sad
(09-26-2009, 05:47 PM)rinsa Wrote: [ -> ]Not my problem only

Most of people who are running FFX slowly are in my case, with same settings as me.

Sad

Not rly, my's run great, amd+2 kuma 7750 @3.2Ghz 4GB ram, Ati 4650 in xp and windows 7, always at 60fps... is rly weird ur case for me... u can try with an older rev of gsd i guess the 1406 work better for some ati users.

i hope u can play ur game very soon o/

ps im playing ffxii too and work great, ffx-2 too if u dont take in count the fmw xD.
rinsa:
Your's is a unique problem, you're getting way too low fps. Did you ever run say, 3d mark, and compared your results to simelar pc's?
I never said i was low fps . I obviously can get it workin @ 150fps, but there's something which is forcing it to run @ 30fps.
It IS low FPS. 2D scenes are not triggering the problem that's why you are getting 150+ fps there. But when 3D starts rendering, the bug triggers. Try this:
Download and run CPU-Z ( http://www.cpuid.com/download/cpuz/cpuz_152_setup.exe ) and see what kind of processor speed it reports when you get the low speeds. It could be some kind of power saving / speed step feature not working properly.
CPU speed doesnt change from the beginning to the end. @ 150fps & 35fps.

maybe 5+/-mhz , that's all.
ok, lets make few thing clear for the future
you have hardware that should be able to run FFX at 250% speed
your GPU does not bottleneck your fps in this game ( i know no1 asked but anyway ), since we can see its not under heavy load in gsdx ( on your screenshots )
my best guess - there is something wrong with your CPU

second thing, whats your CPU temperature after a while in FFX ? programs like CoreTEMP can measure your temperature
i dont think its your specs mate, i have a 2.8ghz acer and it runs FFX near perfect (except for some spells).
could be the your disk.
Try checking in the task manager what CPU % is being used before and while running a game, also check if there's anything else running in the background using the cpu. And using a program like CoreTemp check what temperature is the CPU running at.

You can also try deleting the pcsx2.ini file in the inis folder and config again I guess...

Does the console window show anything weird?
Pages: 1 2 3