..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ICO freeze
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Using ICO (Pal w/ NTSC support) on the beta version from an iso. During opening cut scene, the video freezes when I guess what is supposed to be a gate is opening, and the audio loops. Is there a certain settings I should be using. Thanks.

Computer Specs
Win XP SP 3
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
P8700 @ 2.53GHz
2.53 GHz, 3.50 GB of RAM
ATI Mobilitiy Radeon HD 4330
Either use 0.9.6 or the 1474 beta and make sure you have the clamp mode set to extra in the advanced options menu for both settings.
You have to keep pressing the PS2 pad's X button (I believe) to skip the videos as soon as they start, and thats with all the videos.
DKTronics: Wife is currently playing ico in beta 1474 and hasn't had to skip any videos.
Game doesn't load with 0.9.6 and don't know where to get other beta, may just give up and wait for future builds. Thanks.
(10-01-2009, 11:06 PM)Koji Wrote: [ -> ]DKTronics: Wife is currently playing ico in beta 1474 and hasn't had to skip any videos.

I have had, and many here if you read the ICO threads, to press a button to skip the cut-scenes or the emulator locks on a black screen, and this has been on many builds since 0.9.6.
gfunk01: Use "run -> execute" to play the game instead of file -> run cdvd and the game should work

DKTronics: Don't know then, as the game works 100% (aside from shadow issues) without any problems with me with the settings and pcsx2 version I listed. I'll go make a video and post it on youtube so you can see. (encoding and upload will probably take an hour or so)
(10-02-2009, 12:12 AM)Koji Wrote: [ -> ]gfunk01: Use "run -> execute" to play the game instead of file -> run cdvd and the game should work

DKTronics: Don't know then, as the game works 100% (aside from shadow issues) without any problems with me with the settings and pcsx2 version I listed. I'll go make a video and post it on youtube so you can see. (encoding and upload will probably take an hour or so)

No need, I believe you Wink
But believe me, I've tried many builds and the cut-scenes all lock on me if I'm not quick enough with the button pressing. Are you using the PAL version ?
NTSC. Currently using the latest plugins from 1888 (1474 and 1888 share the same directory and thus the same plugins as well)

CPU options:
MicroVU0 on and MicroVU1 off.

Speed hacks:
1.5x EE cycle rate (only speed hack I have on)

Advanced:
Round mode chop/zero for both
Clamp mode Full and Extras + Preserve sign (fixes camera locking up)
Flush to zero and denormals are zero both checked.

Most games run faster or with less glitching when I have microVU0 on and VU1 off, so I use that as my default. I'll go check to see if that's causing it to work for me while crashing. I will note that later betas the game doesn't work at all for me... and I know the clamping was tweaked in the later betas though.

Also, video (since I was already uploading it before I saw your response)

(edit) Just to make sure I wasn't vague, I haven't gotten the game to work fine in 1888 beta, just used the 1888 plugins in the 1474 beta.
Yeah, I just tried 1474 ( I keep a fair few builds on hand), and even trying your settings it still locks on the cut-scenes.
Perhaps this is a PAL thing, and it works fine on NTSC versions ?
Pages: 1 2