..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Is there any way to lower CPU usage?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok so i run my games and they go great 60-70 fps so im thinking to myself (YES!, ive got pcsx to run GREAT!) but wait, ive noticed that no matter what eventualy my cpu usage (at the top of the game window) gets to 99% and the fps drops to 5-7, this always happens around 10-20 mins of playing, so i was wondering if there was a way to lower the cpu usage? i was told that if the cpu gets to 99 at the top of the game window it means my graphics card is gettign overloaded or something and that if i check 'native' in graphics options it will lower the usage but i havent noticed any difference, are there any other ways?
That cpu% in GSdx window means you're being limited by your GPU, try ticking the "native" option in the GSdx settings or use a lower D3D internal res. there's not much else you can do really.
ok so what intern res do you reccomend?
Just try "native" first, if that works then just try reducing what you have set at the moment until you find a good balance.
i have tried native i stated that in my first post Tongue but ok ill keep lowering it till i find a good one and report back if it dosent work
Well if native doesnt work then there's no point on reducing the resolution, seems you just cant do anything baout it. If you're using an updated GSdx try to check/uncheck "allow 8-bit textures"
im using GSDX r1873 the one that comes with the newest beta