..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: again: Wild Arms 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This has been bothering me for years now, although some players didn't seem to have the problem I am going to describe.

It's the lightning. The screen becomes overly bright and messed up in some (many!) locations, which makes this game unplayable since you can see nothing while it occurs.

It is solved by using software mode in gsdx, but as you may have guessed the game slows down way too much when enabling.

Now, is there any other way to counter it? Yes I've tried latest beta, official and without speed hacks.
Well if it works ok on software I dont think there's much you can do... have you tried checking the "native" option or basically turning on/off options in GSdx? what's your GSdx settings?
I've tried every gsdx option possible.
I'm really sorry for bumping on this ancient thread, but can someone give a solution regarding this problem ? Because I'm playing this game right now, and it's really bother me if i have to switch renderer method and overclock more, of course.
why dont u try the latest svn's and see if its fixed there?
Its fixed on some unofficial Gsdx but don`t ask me about thisTongue
Ok. I got it. But I am too lazy to change emulator version to SVN. Maybe I'll try to compile them later. Thx for the suggestions, Summoner and iakoboss7
The over bright is still present using gsdx r2930 in hardware mode(probably the same in r3003, I m too lazy to test it again). ZZOgl does not have the problem though it is not as fast as the gs hardware mode. What Summoner meant probably is some modified version which likely breaks lots of games.
(05-15-2010, 07:48 AM)CKL Wrote: [ -> ]The over bright is still present using gsdx r2930 in hardware mode(probably the same in r3003, I m too lazy to test it again). ZZOgl does not have the problem though it is not as fast as the gs hardware mode. What Summoner meant probably is some modified version which likely breaks lots of games.
Yes, it is. It works fine with WA3 and WA4 in hardware mode but may breaks other games.
Did you try the skipdraw (or alpha) hack yet?
Add this line to the GSdx ini and experiment with the hacks via GSdx config:
allowHacks = 1
Pages: 1 2