..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Linux - Compile Guide and Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
When I compile pcsx2 I get next error:
Quote:[ 15%] Built target bin2cpp
ERROR : Malformed source filename. I'm a crap utility and I demand 3-letter extensions only!
make[2]: *** [Resources] Error 18
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Resources.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
I got it with r3575-3576.
It is strange. I create an ubuntu package based on r3576

Can you print the file ./CMakeFiles/Resources.dir/build.make and tell me which distribution you are using (use code tag). And also your cmake version ?
./CMakeFiles/Resources.dir/build.make
Code:
# CMAKE generated file: DO NOT EDIT!
# Generated by "Unix Makefiles" Generator, CMake Version 2.6

#=============================================================================
# Special targets provided by cmake.

# Disable implicit rules so canoncical targets will work.
.SUFFIXES:

# Remove some rules from gmake that .SUFFIXES does not remove.
SUFFIXES =

.SUFFIXES: .hpux_make_needs_suffix_list

# Suppress display of executed commands.
$(VERBOSE).SILENT:

# A target that is always out of date.
cmake_force:
.PHONY : cmake_force

#=============================================================================
# Set environment variables for the build.

# The shell in which to execute make rules.
SHELL = /bin/sh

# The CMake executable.
CMAKE_COMMAND = /usr/bin/cmake

# The command to remove a file.
RM = /usr/bin/cmake -E remove -f

# The program to use to edit the cache.
CMAKE_EDIT_COMMAND = /usr/bin/ccmake

# The top-level source directory on which CMake was run.
CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR = /home/o01eg/pcsx2-read-only

# The top-level build directory on which CMake was run.
CMAKE_BINARY_DIR = /home/o01eg/pcsx2-read-only

# Utility rule file for Resources.

CMakeFiles/Resources: tools/bin/bin2cpp

Resources: CMakeFiles/Resources
Resources: CMakeFiles/Resources.dir/build.make
    cd /home/o01eg/pcsx2-read-only/pcsx2/gui/Resources && /home/o01eg/pcsx2-read-only/tools/bin/bin2cpp IN
    cd /home/o01eg/pcsx2-read-only/pcsx2/gui/Resources && /home/o01eg/pcsx2-read-only/tools/bin/bin2cpp LISTS
    cd /home/o01eg/pcsx2-read-only/pcsx2/gui/Resources && /home/o01eg/pcsx2-read-only/tools/bin/bin2cpp ARGV
.PHONY : Resources

# Rule to build all files generated by this target.
CMakeFiles/Resources.dir/build: Resources
.PHONY : CMakeFiles/Resources.dir/build

CMakeFiles/Resources.dir/clean:
    $(CMAKE_COMMAND) -P CMakeFiles/Resources.dir/cmake_clean.cmake
.PHONY : CMakeFiles/Resources.dir/clean

CMakeFiles/Resources.dir/depend:
    cd /home/o01eg/pcsx2-read-only && $(CMAKE_COMMAND) -E cmake_depends "Unix Makefiles" /home/o01eg/pcsx2-read-only /home/o01eg/pcsx2-read-only /home/o01eg/pcsx2-read-only /home/o01eg/pcsx2-read-only /home/o01eg/pcsx2-read-only/CMakeFiles/Resources.dir/DependInfo.cmake --color=$(COLOR)
.PHONY : CMakeFiles/Resources.dir/depend
dev-util/cmake-2.6.4-r3
I use Gentoo.
Fixed. It need in cmake-2.8. Can you add check for cmake's version?
Good.

Yes, upgrading the version requierement is the idea. Fixing the foreach is difficult, moreover I can not test easily it with 2.6
If you are using a particular version and variant of Make is there a way to identify the correct version and make variant (in the make file)? Should this be done in a ./configure script like with autoconfig et al?
I'll have to look into the requires to build PCSX2 since I'm going to attempt first to compile it under X86 linux then work toward migrating it to Cortex A8 and neon IS.
My tool chain might be problematic if something other than GNU make is required to build things (namely because I am performing a cross compile and the tool chain is already made I'll end up forgetting what I am doing if I deviate too much LOL. Maybe it won't be a problem something for later though I guess). I need sleep though so it's not happening tonight Laugh

Cyb
Well, you can still update CMakeLists.txt files. See details here http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Cross_Compiling

However in my opinon, cortex A8 and neon IS will be too limited if you want to run PCSX2. A dual cortex A9 (targert A11Wink ) with at least 2Gz will be a minimum. And you probably need to port the graphic plugins to openGLES (because I suppose it is for smartphone). Besides not sure if the graphical chipset will have enough power....

In others hands, porting PCSX2 will take multiple years, so in this time better hardware will exist.

Gregory
To migrate pcsx2 from x86 architecture you should first redone ALL emmiters, all MIPS instructions are translated into x86 ones and many SSE2 dependent. Hunge amount of work with a little gain.
The latest svn (r3581) won't build on Ubuntu 10.10 32bit:

Quote:wingnux@wingnux-desktop:~/pcsx2-read-only$ grep -i error -C 3 /tmp/build.log
from /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtk/gtk.h:32,
from /home/wingnux/pcsx2-read-only/plugins/CDVDiso/src/Linux/Config.h:32,
from /home/wingnux/pcsx2-read-only/plugins/CDVDiso/src/CDVDisop.cpp:11:
/usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk/gdkpixbuf.h:37: fatal error: gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [plugins/CDVDiso/src/CMakeFiles/CDVDiso.dir/CDVDisop.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [plugins/CDVDiso/src/CMakeFiles/CDVDiso.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
[ 7%] Building CXX object common/src/x86emitter/CMakeFiles/x86emitter.dir/legacy_sse.cpp.o
[ 7%] Building CXX object common/src/Utilities/CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/Exceptions.cpp.o
--
[ 15%] Building CXX object common/src/Utilities/CMakeFiles/Utilities.dir/x86/MemcpyFast.S.o
Linking CXX static library libUtilities.a
[ 15%] Built target Utilities
make: *** [all] Error 2
Could you check 2 things.

1/ Where is located the file gdk-pixbuf.h
find /usr/include -name "gdk-pixbuf.h"
-> /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf.h

2/ The include path of the compilation: You need to have /usr/include/gtk-2.0
Post file: plugins/CDVDiso/src/CMakeFiles/CMakeDirectoryInformation.cmake
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35