..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Windows - Compile Guide and Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
yeah well i tried with 2010, bleh too many problems for now, went back to 2008 Wink
(04-14-2010, 02:22 PM)chuuey Wrote: [ -> ]yeah well i tried with 2010, bleh too many problems for now, went back to 2008 Wink

did u have windows sdk installed?
You're swift, M$ just released the RTM version of VS2010 on April 12th 2010.

I remeberd VS2010 will be formally supported when its express edition released.

(04-14-2010, 02:30 PM)ereboskid Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-14-2010, 02:22 PM)chuuey Wrote: [ -> ]yeah well i tried with 2010, bleh too many problems for now, went back to 2008 Wink

did u have windows sdk installed?
By default, VS2010 is definitely output lotta errors when compiling pcsx2, even though you have all necessary stuffs installed.
M$ was also swift. In CompilationGuideForWindows, Both links given to VS2008 and its Express Edition are all directing to VS2010.
CompilationGuideForWindows Wrote:Downloading the Prerequisites
You know the drill -- download all of these. You have your choice between Visual Studio 2008, Visual C++ 2008 Express and Visual Studio 2010 Professional, but at present Visual Studio 2010 is not an officially supported build environment so users are discouraged from electing to use it to compile PCSX2 (more detail provided below).

* Visual Studio 2008
* Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition
Hi this is my first post but I have been using pcsx for some time now.
I bought a new computer and gave pcsx another try. Oh baby it works so hardcore now (my pc is so fast nao)

Well I would like to compile a beta, and I followed the instructions. I even got it to compile (I think) on 2008 profesional. I ran into some problems. In the guide it says select the SSE version but mine only shows build.

here is a picture.
[Image: 46641774.jpg]

Also when I build it I get an error message saying (when launching the new exe saying "gnu_gettext.dlll" is missing.
Then if I move it over to the program file it works fine.
Okay... I guess I just answerd my own question lol.

Okay I GOT IT TO BUILD YAY Smile Smile Smile ON MY FIRST TRY.

I was also wondering about compiling the latest gdsx. What should I do?
I have glew and the other programs installed and linked (it knows where and what they are) in 2008 but I don't know what to do after that. I am sorry I am a newb but I have never compiled anything (and I resisted the urge to register until I gave it a shot to not waste your time)

Now this is a note (the forum rules say no support for unofficial versions or betas)
This is not asking for support.

I run Kingdom Hearts 2 in DX9 instead of 10 because the logz thing needs to be checked. Without it there is no HP bar. When DX10 its greyed out and you cant activate it (even though there is a checkmark)

Every version after 0.1.14 there are screen artifacts. I wanna compile the latest version to see if they are still there. 0.1.15 had malformed edges and 0.1.16 has black lines on the ground. Not noticable but I thought you might wanna know. I dont have a screenshot (I'll get one as soon as fraps cooperates) I'd really like to use dx10 (it gives better frame rates_)

P.S. my consol is a JAPAN 90001 and thats the bios I use.

Just my two cents.

So how do I compile the latest plugin?
Sorry I am a windows newb (but I have the ability to follow instructions hence the ability to compile on my first try)

Thanks.Biggrin
Here are the screen artifacts
Well the MSDN is carrying VS2010 now so I'll be getting it. Sounds like might not be building with it for now though.
(04-30-2010, 09:16 PM)dralor Wrote: [ -> ]Well the MSDN is carrying VS2010 now so I'll be getting it. Sounds like might not be building with it for now though.

Good news. I just finished updating all VS 2010 project files for PCSX2. It is now included with the current svn build 2930. Release/Debug/Devel will now compile without errors.

PCSX2 SVN Changelog: http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=2930
Quote:Changes: Fixed all compile errors in VS 2010. Added support for new
w32pthreads.v4. Fixed all MSB8012 warnings. Fixed LNK419 warnings with
/DELAYLOAD. Fixed issues when compiling Devel before Release. Added GSdx Devel
target. Minor cleanups.

Current warnings not fixed that i know about:
1. c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\string.h(xx): warning RC4011: identifier truncated to '_CRT_SECURE_CPP_OVERLOAD_SECURE'
This is caused by an include in the rc files. To fix, simply locate "afxresmw.h" in the rc file associated with the project and change to "afxres.h".
2. warning LNK4070: /OUT:xxx.dll directive in .EXP differs from output filename 'C:\pcsx2-svn\bin\plugins\xxx.dll'; ignoring directive
This is caused by the def file associated with the project. If you comment out the line at the top that starts with "LIBRARY" , it will fix the issue.
3. Win32\Devel\wxCore28\fdrepdlg.obj : warning LNK4042: object specified more than once; extras ignored
This is caused by the following 2 cpp files being named the same:
- .\pcsx2-svn\3rdparty\wxWidgets\src\msw\fdrepdlg.cpp
- .\pcsx2-svn\3rdparty\wxWidgets\src\generic\fdrepdlg.cpp
To fix, you can copy one of the files with a new name then update wxCore28.vcxproj to point to the new file. Be sure to rename the header as well.

Let me know if you guys run into any more issues with VS 2010 so i can fix it.

blood
(05-01-2010, 12:10 AM)dan2009 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-30-2010, 09:16 PM)dralor Wrote: [ -> ]Well the MSDN is carrying VS2010 now so I'll be getting it. Sounds like might not be building with it for now though.

Good news. I just finished updating all VS 2010 project files for PCSX2. It is now included with the current svn build 2930. Release/Debug/Devel will now compile without errors.

PCSX2 SVN Changelog: http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=2930
Quote:Changes: Fixed all compile errors in VS 2010. Added support for new
w32pthreads.v4. Fixed all MSB8012 warnings. Fixed LNK419 warnings with
/DELAYLOAD. Fixed issues when compiling Devel before Release. Added GSdx Devel
target. Minor cleanups.

Current warnings not fixed that i know about:
1. c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\include\string.h(xx): warning RC4011: identifier truncated to '_CRT_SECURE_CPP_OVERLOAD_SECURE'
This is caused by an include in the rc files. To fix, simply locate "afxresmw.h" in the rc file associated with the project and change to "afxres.h".
2. warning LNK4070: /OUT:xxx.dll directive in .EXP differs from output filename 'C:\pcsx2-svn\bin\plugins\xxx.dll'; ignoring directive
This is caused by the def file associated with the project. If you comment out the line at the top that starts with "LIBRARY" , it will fix the issue.
3. Win32\Devel\wxCore28\fdrepdlg.obj : warning LNK4042: object specified more than once; extras ignored
This is caused by the following 2 cpp files being named the same:
- .\pcsx2-svn\3rdparty\wxWidgets\src\msw\fdrepdlg.cpp
- .\pcsx2-svn\3rdparty\wxWidgets\src\generic\fdrepdlg.cpp
To fix, you can copy one of the files with a new name then update wxCore28.vcxproj to point to the new file. Be sure to rename the header as well.

Let me know if you guys run into any more issues with VS 2010 so i can fix it.

blood

i get this error, from revison r2936 to latest. (all the ones before worked fine)
6>MainMenuClicks.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall Dialogs::McdConfigDialog::McdConfigDialog(class wxWindow *)" (??0McdConfigDialog@Dialogs@@QAE@PAVwxWindow@@@Z)
6>CreateMemoryCardDialog.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class wxString __cdecl GetMsg_McdNtfsCompress(void)" (?GetMsg_McdNtfsCompress@@YA?AVwxString@@XZ)
6>PluginSelectorPanel.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class wxClassInfo Threading::WaitForTaskDialog::ms_classInfo" (?ms_classInfo@WaitForTaskDialog@Threading@@2VwxClassInfo@@A)
6>PluginSelectorPanel.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall Threading::WaitForTaskDialog::WaitForTaskDialog(class wxString const &,class wxString const &)" (??0WaitForTaskDialog@Threading@@QAE@ABVwxString@@0@Z)
6>PluginSelectorPanel.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "int const pxEvt_ThreadedTaskComplete" (?pxEvt_ThreadedTaskComplete@@3HB)
6>PluginSelectorPanel.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual int __thiscall Threading::WaitForTaskDialog:WackohowModal(void)" (?ShowModal@WaitForTaskDialog@Threading@@UAEHXZ)
6>PluginSelectorPanel.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual class wxClassInfo * __thiscall Threading::WaitForTaskDialog::GetClassInfo(void)const " (?GetClassInfo@WaitForTaskDialog@Threading@@UBEPAVwxClassInfo@@XZ)
6>C:\pcsx2-read-only\bin\\pcsx2.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 7 unresolved externals
(11-18-2009, 05:38 PM)ionsmurf Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-29-2009, 01:32 PM)pcsx2fan Wrote: [ -> ]Before you uninstall VS2010 beta 1, backup the folder VCProjectDefaults at

There is no need to backup that folder. Make the follow changes to the project file

Code:
<Import Project="$(VCINSTALLDIR)\VCProjectDefaults\masm.targets" />
change to
<Import Project="$(VCTargetsPath)\BuildCustomizations\masm.targets" />

Failed to accomplish your method with VS2010 Professional, I modified this file changed the lines you aforementioned with Notepad.
Code:
R:\PCSX2_SVN_Legacy_GUI\pcsx2\windows\VCprojects\pcsx2.vcxproj

Then I got this error.
Quote:R:\PCSX2_SVN_Legacy_GUI\pcsx2\windows\VCprojects\pcsx2.vcxproj : error : The imported project "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\VCProjectDefaults\masm.props" was not found. Confirm that the path in the declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk. R:\PCSX2_SVN_Legacy_GUI\pcsx2\windows\VCprojects\pcsx2.vcxproj

Have you confirmed your method is working?
(05-06-2010, 07:46 AM)pcsx2fan Wrote: [ -> ]Have you confirmed your method is working?

Yes, it worked with beta 2 and should still work with the RTM. Looking at your error VCTargetsPath points to the wrong directory. It should point to
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\
To resolve your error you should propably make sure that vs2010 was installed correctly and try to repair/reinstall it.

The mentioned modification should only be needed for the old legacy gui, the current version in the svn will compile fine with vs2010 (RTM). (note: some minor changes are needed after r2909 to account for the changes made by those revisions)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36