..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Windows - Compile Guide and Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
(07-28-2010, 06:12 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: [ -> ]Time to give it a try. I'll be using the express, really don't wanna invest in a suite that will not use that much.
So I have some questions before downloading those really big files:

I understand the 2008 is still the preferred but I intend to install both, vs2008 and vs2010 but the doubt is:
Must I keep the advice and install the 2003 server sdk or could get the 2008 or yet better the win7 version?

From what I understood it's main reason is providing the headers for ATL and MFC, the last above is ~1.5GB against ~.5 in the first.
Have someone already installed both suites without conflicts?

If you don't want to download the full installers of the Windows SDKs, web-installers are also available.

I'm currently using VS2008 Express with the 2003 Platform SDK (or rather, a small piece of it; the x86 BuildEnv of Core SDK -- total install size: 90MB). pcsx2 compiles fine with that install of the SDK.

Now, VS2008 Express automatically installs version 6.0a of the 2008 SDK, but then there's a standalone download of the 2008 SDK (version 6.1) which I decided to install to answer your question.... compiling pcsx2 succeeds even with those 3 SDKs installed. If you're gonna get SDK 6.1 in addition to 6.0a, there's a tool included with 6.1 to switch between the two 2008 SDKs (...and then there's regedit Laugh )

Like you said, the 2008 SDK doesn't provide ATL or MFC, so I'd expect compiling pcsx2 to fail with VS Express if you didn't have the 2003 SDK.

With that out of the way, the only large installer I had to get was the DirectX SDK (somewhere over 550MB, but I installed only 90MB of it).
Thanks for the answer Patrickdinh, it will help allot in getting only what actually is needed Smile

Edit: Compiled like a charm on VS2008 express Laugh with only one error in xpad that does not seems related with the building environment itself, it can be left out for a while.
did not try vs2010 express yet. Actually it was so easy that big grin seems undeserved, as if I care Laugh
@patrickdinh
That would indeed something I gutted out since I never found anything that really needed it.
I wouldn't think that pcsx2's src would need that one but maybe.
I'll take note of it.

@rama
Yep indeed.
Right now I have no way of getting xp or 2003 to install on my array without a floppy (I don't have a port on my board).
I'de have to use nlite or doit manually.
I just haven't done so yet.

It's not a bad idea though.
I been wanting to compile a modded media player classic hc for a while now too.

I'll get to working on that, making a generic install of win2k3.
Hi, I have a pretty simple problem but I can't quite figure out how to solve it. Been working at it 7 hours straight with no luck so I thought I'd ask here...

This is my first time compiling. I'm trying to compile the PCSX2 binary by following these steps: http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/wiki/Comp...27s_Binary

But I get 25 error messages all saying "Cannot open include file: 'gl/glext.h': No such file or directory"

I'm completely stumped on how to fix this. Is this a file I have to download somewhere?

Also, I'm trying to use an SVN revision thing to change the mixer.cpp file in my spu2-x folder. This is the revision: http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=2635

But when I try to switch it, I get this error:

'http://pcsx2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/plugins/spu2-x/src'
'is not the same repository as'
'http://pcsx2.googlecode.com/svn-history/r2635'

I have no idea how to fix either of these.
Help would be greatly appreciated Smile
You probably didn't do these steps: http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/wiki/Comp...lling_SDKs
I think those errors are from GLEW or the Nvidia CG toolkit

I don't get what you mean you are trying to use that revision file. Those fixes are obviously included in all revisions past r2635, including the latest of course.
(08-26-2010, 12:32 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]You probably didn't do these steps: http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/wiki/Comp...lling_SDKs
I think those errors are from GLEW or the Nvidia CG toolkit

I don't get what you mean you are trying to use that revision file. Those fixes are obviously included in all revisions past r2635, including the latest of course.

I think it's a problem with GLEW.

I extracted GLEW to C:/Development/Add-On Libraies... When I'm compiling the binary, it's looking for a glext.h file in which I don't have.

I looked in C:/Development/Add-On Libraies/GLEW/include/GLThe only files I have are glew.h, glxew.h, and wglew.h

I also reinstalled the other SDKs of course

You can disregard the revision file. I didn't realize it was already included in the version I have. Blush
All right, I fixed everything. No more errors.

I found the glext.h code online, copied a .h file I already had into C:/Development/Add-On Libraies/GLEW/include/GL, and copied the code into the file and renamed it.

It's all good. It's just time to wait for an SVN revision that fixes the problems I'm having with SSX On Tour... Smile
Hi guys,

Just wondering.. I have an official VS2010 installation on my machine and no VS2008/VS2009. When I try to compile PCSX2 from trunk, last revision, I get *tons* of errors.

My impression was that the VS2010 solution was created and forgotten like 500 revisions before current. It really doesn't seem to be any configuration problem, since the errors are things such as missing files (files which are in the vcxproj but are missing in the directories, and even in the whole repo in some cases) and linker errors between the libraries inside PCSX2 itself.

Is anybody managing this solution's files?
You can try importing the VS2008 solution instead.
Just noticed VS2010 is not officially supported yet. Sorry for the silly question. Importing the other solution file still gives (different) build errors. I think building PCSX2 using VS2010 must be a silly effort, really.

Taking the opportunity to ask, will VS2009 charmingly work out-of-the-box with the solutions in the repository or should I download VS2008?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36