..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Windows - Compile Guide and Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
GSdx compiles just fine with MSVC 2008.
You need to install all of those dependencies though, same as with 2010.
yeh thx rama. but... you know 100% compatible atl headers are not natively available to install on express eds. it's trialing vs10pro to have it. and it builds fine too... now. so... too late Wink
express =! VC trial.
(08-02-2011, 06:39 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]express =! VC trial.

and? I know that. thing is... I'm using the small express edition for that lil coding I do and I usually don't need any special libs other than what comes with it. so... it just always gets on my nerves again to download megs and gigs of crap just to use a lil portion - in that case some headers that you could get rid of by just using other code.
Loading up the latest code from SVN with pcsx2_suite_2008.sln in an updated version of VS2008 Express results in a bunch of error popups stating "solution folders are not supported in this version of the application".
I am able to compile the app and didn't attempt to do the plugins. A handful of the plugin projects are available in the solution (like USBnull and Lilypad) but the 3rdparty and Plugins folders are unavailable.
Am I missing something?
It's the same thing happened when I was compiling pcsx2 from VC++ 2008 and 2010 Express.
Just ignore those errors and continue compile the pcsx2 with plugins, you'll get a working copy of pcsx2.

Now we are downloading the latest pcsx2 from http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2 instead of compiling it by ourself,
that's why this thread is inactive.
Hello guys. Need help here.
1st time build pcsx2 by myself & success, getting 0 error and 36 warning using MSVC 2008 Pro.
Just figured, following wiki compile guide, it only compile all plugins folder & pcsx2.exe. Copying the other required file from bin (source code) & it can play normally.

The problem is :
I want to use only my own modified gsdx on orphis build.
I can't get FXAA working on orphis build.
Tried with hotkey : Page Up, No change & No console print.
Tried to force on fxaa by adding line fxaa=1 on gsdx.ini. No change too.

This problem occured on both side (vice versa).
Using gsdx orphis build on my pcsx2 build getting same result. FXAA doesn't work.
But using each gsdx build on their original pcsx2 build, FXAA does work.

Is it natural ?
I've noticed too the size of pcsx2.exe & gsdx plugin SSE2 is different between my build and orphis build.
Mine is smaller than orphis.

enlightenment please.
Thanks in advance.
and yeah, sorry if i'm posting in wrong room Tongue2
different compilers produce different size files due to different optimizations, orphis most likely uses msvc 2010 and usually that results in a bigger file vs 2008..

Not sure the hotkey issue (probably something do do with the keyboard layout or you are using a mini keyboard), you can use your gsdx build just copy it from the bin/plugin folder to the orphis build / plugin directory.
@hyakki
you're mean , my inbox still 0 -_-. But nvm Laugh

Yes I know, I can play the game with either gsdx build on either pcsx2 build.
The problem is FXAA. function

My GSDX + My pcsx2 build = FXAA Work (either by add line on gsdx.ini / pressing the Page Up Hotkey). There is Console print each time i press Page up.
Orphis GSDX + Orphis pcsx2 build = Same as above.

My GSDX + Orphis pcsx2 build = FXAA doesn't work using .ini / pressing Page Up Hotkey. No console print too when pressing Page Up.
Orphis GSDX + My pcsx2 build = Same as above.

Other hotkey function such as F5 and F9 does work on either cross build.
Printf() and possibly the other string functions aren't compatible between 2008 and 2010 builds.
This will probably be your problem.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36