..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Windows - Compile Guide and Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
first build only gsdx i get this :

Error 5 error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'w32pthreads.v3.lib' C:\Development\Project Source\PCSX2\plugins\GSdx\LINK GSdx

then i build wp32pthreads.v3.lib and success

again i build only gsdx and i get this :

Error 3 error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'w32pthreads_lib.lib' C:\Development\Project Source\PCSX2\plugins\GSdx\LINK GSdx

i build another wp32threads_lib and again build only gsdx and i get this :

Error 3 error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'd3dx11.lib' C:\Development\Project Source\PCSX2\plugins\GSdx\LINK GSdx

and......i dont know what to do..im stuck..any help?

this in PCSX2 folder, in PCSX2-legacy i get THOUSANDS of error jus for gsdx

i post this if this connected error somehow, i add this in Include

C:\Development\Add-on Libraries\GLEW\include;$(ProgramFiles)\NVIDIA Corporation\Cg\include;$(DXSDK_DIR)\Include;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft DirectX SDK (February 2010)\Include;
If you already included $(DXSDK_DIR)\Include, you don't need to include C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft DirectX SDK (February 2010)\Include anymore; they both point to the same thing if you only have one DirectX SDK installed.

In any case, try rebuilding the entire solution first rather than individually building a project.
why..thank u so much k1net1cs..i already understand now how it work and your the one that helps me a lot..arigatoo..bout that error, i forgot to change the directories for the Library Tongue , silly me..now it works..ill try to compile all but still i doubt there is no error, so any news ill inform here and thanx again.

1> GSdx_vs2008.vcxproj -> C:\Development\Project Source\PCSX2\\bin\plugins\GSdx.dll
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
(04-05-2010, 10:00 AM)ereboskid Wrote: [ -> ]bout that error, i forgot to change the directories for the Library Tongue , silly me..

Ah, right, I forgot mentioning that possibility. =b
Anyway, don't forget to also compile the SSSE3 or SSE4 build if your CPU supports them; you only need to build the GSdx project, not the entire solution.
Also, if you want to compile/rebuild the entire solution, xpad won't compile properly (yet); just unload that project.

Been years since I've compiled something remotely C++, and that was using Dev-C++ for an OpenGL project.
I'm more of a web developer, so there. =b
(04-05-2010, 10:42 AM)k1net1cs Wrote: [ -> ]Also, if you want to compile/rebuild the entire solution, xpad won't compile properly (yet); just unload that project.

so thats y. thanx for the info. kudo`s for u Tongue
no...way..somehow i can compile xpad but not working and...i need to correct this errors to using pcsx2

Error 5 error C3861: 'assert': identifier not found C:\Development\Project Source\PCSX2\plugins\cdvdGigaherz\src\Windows\PlainIso.cpp 206 1 cdvdGigaherz

Error 4 error MSB3073: The command ""C:\Development\Project Source\PCSX2\plugins\CDVDnull\Windows\\..\..\..\..\common\vsprops\preBuild.cmd" "C:\Development\Project Source\PCSX2\plugins\CDVDnull\Windows\\.."
:VCEnd" exited with code 3. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets 103 6 CDVDnull

Error 1 error MSB3073: The command ""C:\Development\Project Source\PCSX2\plugins\dev9null\Windows\\..\..\..\..\common\vsprops\preBuild.cmd" "C:\Development\Project Source\PCSX2\plugins\dev9null\Windows\\.."
:VCEnd" exited with code 3. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets 103 6 DEV9null

Error 2 error MSB3073: The command ""C:\Development\Project Source\PCSX2\plugins\FWnull\Windows\\..\..\..\..\common\vsprops\preBuild.cmd" "C:\Development\Project Source\PCSX2\plugins\FWnull\Windows\\.."
:VCEnd" exited with code 3. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets 103 6 FWnull

Error 12 error MSB3073: The command ""C:\Development\Project Source\PCSX2\plugins\GSnull\Windows\\..\..\..\..\common\vsprops\preBuild.cmd" "C:\Development\Project Source\PCSX2\plugins\GSnull\Windows\\.."
:VCEnd" exited with code 3. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets 103 6 GSnull

Error 3 error MSB3073: The command ""C:\Development\Project Source\PCSX2\plugins\USBnull\Windows\\..\..\..\..\common\vsprops\preBuild.cmd" "C:\Development\Project Source\PCSX2\plugins\USBnull\Windows\\.."
:VCEnd" exited with code 3. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets 103 6 USBnull

Error 128 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Resources/Dualshock.h': No such file or directory C:\Development\Project Source\PCSX2\pcsx2\gui\Dialogs\AboutBoxDialog.cpp 23 1 pcsx2

Error 127 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Resources/ButtonIcon_Camera.h': No such file or directory C:\Development\Project Source\PCSX2\pcsx2\gui\Dialogs\BaseConfigurationDialog.cpp 25 1 pcsx2

Error 129 error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'Resources/BackgroundLogo.h': No such file or directory C:\Development\Project Source\PCSX2\pcsx2\gui\AppRes.cpp 23 1 pcsx2

which is the most important files in order to START pcsx2. any help?
Compilation question's if I may. The release binary has a bunch of pcsx2.mo files in the "Lang" folder, what is the correct way to get all the latest Lang files for a new build (I couldn't find them in svn)?

Also when I build using VS2008 there are a few plugins that do not get created however I see them in the official release binary, and in SVN:

cdvdPeops.dll
SPU2null.dll
spu2PeopsSound.dll
ZeroGS-OpenGL-Pg.dll
ZeroPAD.dll

I see they are not in the VS2008 project so I tried to add them manually, however I get errors, is this the reason why they were not added to the VS2008 project by default? If so is there a way to build them on windows? Or are these a linux only type thing?

Thank you
I found something interesting. Instead of DirectX SDK (August 2009) I installed DirectX SDK (February 2010). I figured, newer is better, right?

well I got some failures to compile. specifically I got

Rebuild All: 32 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped
I just installed DirectX SDK (August 2009) and checked the "install symbols" box (which is off by default), then added it to my DX SDK Feb 2010 install as well and now it successfully compiles with:

Rebuild All: 33 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped

I don't know if it was the "DX symbols" option or if the feb 2010 is missing something that was in the august 2009 version, but either way this solved the problem.
(04-06-2010, 06:01 AM)taltamir Wrote: [ -> ]I found something interesting. Instead of DirectX SDK (August 2009) I installed DirectX SDK (February 2010). I figured, newer is better, right?

well I got some failures to compile. specifically I got

Rebuild All: 32 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped
I just installed DirectX SDK (August 2009) and checked the "install symbols" box (which is off by default), then added it to my DX SDK Feb 2010 install as well and now it successfully compiles with:

Rebuild All: 33 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped

I don't know if it was the "DX symbols" option or if the feb 2010 is missing something that was in the august 2009 version, but either way this solved the problem.

can u tell us what vs version r u using and what setting do u apply beside this?
(04-05-2010, 05:39 PM)ereboskid Wrote: [ -> ]which is the most important files in order to START pcsx2. any help?

Try updating the your SVN-ed project folder again; might be something interrupting your download (like someone committing) and made you having incomplete files.

(04-06-2010, 04:01 AM)NvrBst Wrote: [ -> ]I see they are not in the VS2008 project so I tried to add them manually, however I get errors, is this the reason why they were not added to the VS2008 project by default? If so is there a way to build them on windows? Or are these a linux only type thing?

It might only mean that those other plugins are not necessary to be compiled and/or no more testing necessary for those and/or they won't be updated anymore for the foreseeable future.

(04-06-2010, 06:01 AM)taltamir Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know if it was the "DX symbols" option or if the feb 2010 is missing something that was in the august 2009 version, but either way this solved the problem.

I'm betting on xpad probably using a library or header that's been deprecated in the Feb '10 SDK.
Haven't tested it yet though; still downloading the Aug '09 SDK.

EDIT
Installed Aug '09, removed all pointers to Feb '10 directories, xpad compiled successfully.
Otherwise, failed to compile; something about couldn't find 'XInputEnable()'.

Anyone else can confirm my findings?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36